Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 T866fu

Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER

+9
Rusknova
Darth GW7
Nicola Burlef
Grand Administrator Crude
Hannibal Satelitos
Soalma
Viktor Kasik
Cisco Zarandin
President Gan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER

Post  Nicola Burlef Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am

President Gan wrote:
Nicola Burlef wrote:Cheese is enjoyed by people across the region. We should not base such a decision on your own personal preferences regarding processed dairy.
I enjoy a good cheese myself, although my own opinion is that Machiniosan cheese is rubbery and tasteless - A good description would be that it's like chewing a damp tyre that's been out in the sun for a particularly scorching decade.
This doesn't mean I believe their Cheese industry should be shut down or taxed for such a reason. My reasons for supporting this proposal are purely based on the anti-business opinions of the nation.

I fail to see how your opinion on the taste of my regions cheese has any relevance to your stance on the issue.

Exactly my point.
Nicola Burlef
Nicola Burlef

Back to top Go down

Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER

Post  Cisco Zarandin Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm

President Gan wrote:
Cisco Zarandin wrote:The above makes a very valid point, which I respect.

I want you to look at this though. It's an economic report published today from the Sermo Economic Complex in Aura.

Possibility of imposing an import tariff on Cheese product.-DISCUSSION OVER - Page 2 Bf04109b4a173d7a808e51ae49c7ce00

Notice the GDP per capita for half the nations in Sermo is under $6000 (Machiniosa not being on of them). That is not alot at all is it? We should be helping nations actually trying to make ends meet. Not wasting our time on a stable country no matter how delicious the cheese is.

Machiniosan cheese is known for quality yes? Not quantity. I frankly do not see why President Gan has made such an issue over this. The good people of Ocasus, budget forbid that is buy Machiniosan cheese. For quality, not price. There will always be a cheaper alternative. There will always be people who'd rather quality over quantity.

That's how it will always work. We don't need the possible risks of tariffs on our goods. If Machiniosan cheese is actually as good as President Gan claims, it will survive.

I find it hypocritical of you to suggest we need to help other countries develop their economy then stating that a counter tariff would damage your economy. If you were serious about this you would propose a resolution to help these countries, something which I have yet to see. They need help with their domestic markets urgently.

The fact of the matter is that the Machiniosan economy is nowhere as strong as you claim, the tariff is simply a measure to help keep the Machiniosan economy afloat so it indeed can help those smaller nations. I also highly doubt that counter-tariffs shall be imposed on anything other than cheese product.

I'm using my country as an example. Not to mention, since we're tariffing ALL cheese from out of Sermo, it's safe to presume that regions will tariff ALL of whatever goods come out of Sermo. Thus, not only affecting me, but the region as a whole.

You're not keeping other countries afloat by selling expensive cheese. You're selling their working class cheese that they may not want/might not afford. That's all you're doing.

If Machiniosan cheese as good as you so claim (since you do arrogantly treat it like a gift from the heavens above) then it will survive. There will always be people who prefer quality over quantity, or are willing to spend more for a better product, and there will always be people who won't. It's the way of the world.

Stop wasting time with such silly demands that are only for your personal interest. The existence of this proposal is a travesty.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaru Petera Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 pm

The Free Nation of Ausprimria feels that the poorest countries should receive aid before those with fair economies. We are all for countries proposing ideas to boost their economies, but this tariff on the cheese could potentially lead to consequences not yet forseen.
Anaru Petera
Anaru Petera

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2