Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- T866fu

Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER-

+8
Vincent Mandelson
Hannibal Satelitos
Soalma
Brunii
Grand Administrator Crude
Darth GW7
President Gan
Cisco Zarandin
12 posters

Go down

Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- Empty Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER-

Post  Cisco Zarandin Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I, the Prime Minister of the founding nation of Ocasus, hereby propose we standardize our region's currency. The Seero, which is the currency of Ocasus, has already been adapted by Westmeer, Baclav, Summland, and Tornnes. If we approve of the proposal to standardize the Seero for all nations in the region, inter-region travel and trade to Gerschbir (Dote), Machiniosa (Machismark), Blammocratz (Bullet), and Tranlinia (Allied States Shilling) will be made much simpler.

Aswell as improve inter-region tourism and trade, it would boost international tourism and trade.

Official Resolution

Enact "Establish Monetary Union of the Seero through Sermo"

Resolution SS#001

Proposed by: P.M. Cisco Zarandin of The Democratic States of Ocasus

Description: Sermo Senate Resolution #001 shall standardize the use of the Seero through all Senatorial nations in Sermo.

Argument:

ACKNOWLEDGING that standardized currency will improve international and regional trade.

ACKNOWLEDGING that standardized currency will boost tourism to the region.

BELIEVING that the establishment of monetary unions will ease the way of life for people of the region, visitors, and goods traders (foreign and domestic).

NOTING that some think this will ruin the diversity Sermo has been through so much to get.

BELIEVING that it will not ruin the diversity of the region at all, but, infact will make it easier for all to appreciate one another.

The Sermo Senate hereby enacts resolution #001, "Establish Monetary Union of the Seero through Sermo"

Ocasus's official standing on SS#001 - FOR.

Please discuss and share your views gentlemen. Discussions shall close on 3/3/11 at 00:00 GMT 0.

Voting shall start 3/3/11 at 00:01 GMT 0 and last 24 hours.

Last edited by Cisco Zarandin on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- Empty Re: Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER-

Post  President Gan Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 am

ACKNOWLEDGING that standardisation of currency will improve trading between countries.

BEARING IN MIND that there is no evidence that tourism will be boosted by a standardised currency.

NOTING that standardisation of currency would impair efforts for countries to diversify.

One is against the standardisation, as even though Machiniosa's private sector is heavily based on export it is beyond Sermo's waters and one fears that buisness may be lost to other countries who may have cheaper product, Machiniosa's world famous goats cheese is an asset that needs to be protected. One is also concerned that popular opinion in Machiniosa is against the standardisation of currency.

President Gan
President Gan

Back to top Go down

Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER- Empty Re: Possibility of standardizing the "Seero" -DISCUSSION OVER-

Post  Darth GW7 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Considering the benefits of standardizing currency, I support this notion. The idea that this will damage the variety Sermo pursues is nonsense. It is impossible to judge a nation based off the currency it claims as its own.
In the end, they are merely sheets of paper. Taking pride in such trivial things is foolish.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:59 pm

I beg to differ! Paper can hold a many thing, and not just bland words!
What is on a sheet of paper can reflect History, culture, authority, feelings! However the size!

They are no mere sheets of paper, they are much more than that.

Each country should thus be able to choose whether it wants to adopt the Seero. Also, if we want an obligatory monetary union we will need to begin by not making the region public.

Back to top Go down

Post  President Gan Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Darth GW7 wrote:Considering the benefits of standardizing currency, I support this notion. The idea that this will damage the variety Sermo pursues is nonsense. It is impossible to judge a nation based off the currency it claims as its own.
In the end, they are merely sheets of paper. Taking pride in such trivial things is foolish.
These "sheets of paper" often carry the faces of national figures or heroes and while people might not judge a country over it's currency certainly emit it's values.Also, while the benefits of standardisation may be seen clearly during a period of boom,when bust inevitably comes then the downturn will pull down other countries with it and considering the state of some economies in the region I remain against on economic grounds. Personally I would prefer an opt-in system such as the Euro rather than a compulsory standardisation.
President Gan
President Gan

Back to top Go down

Post  Brunii Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Brunii is against the standardization of the Seero. We feel maintaining the independence of the nations of Sermo is more important than economic growth. Nations which desire more trade can always adopt the Seero but we believe none should be forced to give up their own currency. Brunii will be adopting the Seero but remains against the standardization of the Seero.

I would like to add that a currency has very little to do with diversity.
Brunii
Brunii

Back to top Go down

Post  Soalma Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:52 am

The benefits of standardized currency are obvious; a united economy, easier travels for citizens of Sermo, increased trade, and plenty more. However, I propose the creation of a new currency rather than to adopt the currency of another state, even if that state is the capital of the region. I can only see this as an attempt to establish some form of dominance in a region that preaches equality, and I urge the member nations of Sermo to push for the region-wide adoption of an entirely new currency.
Soalma
Soalma

Back to top Go down

Post  Brunii Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 am

Soalma wrote:The benefits of standardized currency are obvious; a united economy, easier travels for citizens of Sermo, increased trade, and plenty more. However, I propose the creation of a new currency rather than to adopt the currency of another state, even if that state is the capital of the region. I can only see this as an attempt to establish some form of dominance in a region that preaches equality, and I urge the member nations of Sermo to push for the region-wide adoption of an entirely new currency.

Upon reading this post I have been convinced. I'm in favor of the creation of a new currency.
Brunii
Brunii

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannibal Satelitos Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 am

I come here as Majority Leader of the House of the People of Lena-Rutland and the nation for which it stands, to present our position on this subject.

The adoption of foreign currency is seen as unacceptable and as a sensitive issue by the people. The creation of a new currency for all the peoples of Sermo is a more promising idea, that the people of Lena-Rutland could potentially get behind. The only demand we make is that it is opt-in. To force the new currency on the people would create several grievances and possible riots.

To conclude, I support the creation of a new currency whose use will not be compulsory.
Hannibal Satelitos
Hannibal Satelitos

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 am

An entirely new currency being created - A fine idea.
I feel that this would be the best option for all nations in the region.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent Mandelson Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am

Although the nation of Tornnes has already taken preparative procedures for the implementation of the Seero, the alternative of forging a new unified currency not native to any sole country is very appealing in the eyes of myself and the head council of Tornnes.

Vincent Mandelson
Vincent Mandelson

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=tornnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusknova Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 am

Current opinon being on the King's side after his debate, Rusknova will keep its old currency. We regard it as part of our heritage and we will not be forced into replacing our hsitoric coinage with some new (and potentially dangerous) currency.

Rusknova

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicola Burlef Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 am

Rusknova wrote:Current opinon being on the King's side after his debate, Rusknova will keep its old currency. We regard it as part of our heritage and we will not be forced into replacing our hsitoric coinage with some new (and potentially dangerous) currency.

Tarmadia holds the same stance on the matter. The Anh, Tas and Count (Four and a half Counts to a Tas, sixteen Tas to an Anh) have been the national currency of our nation since it's very formation centuries ago. To change now would be a blow to our very heritage and conversion from the Tarmadian 4 1/2, 16, 1 system would be an enormous task as we have used it to great effect since it's alteration from sets of fives and ten by Duke Convolu Tedmes in our most distant past.
Nicola Burlef
Nicola Burlef

Back to top Go down

Post  Prime Minister Siluan Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 pm

The Congress of Ordovichia does not support the adoption of the currency of a foreign currency, no matter how prominent the founding state is. However, we do support the adoption of a new regional currency as proposed by Soalma, as it allows for the benefits of a united economy without the feeling of subservience of adopting the currency of another nation
Prime Minister Siluan
Prime Minister Siluan

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:08 pm

While the Triumvirate understands and agrees with the underlieing mindset behind this proposal, we must restrict our approval to a voluntary scheme. This is, as must unfortunately be said, for domestic reasoning. The nation of Avinistratus, while working our way free from our status as a mere colony, is still roped to the Heartland via a safety line of economic and material support. This safety line is eased via the use of the External Pound, easily converted from the native 'Universal Pound', which ensures the minimum of fuss and hassle between us and the Heartland.

At a time when we are fully self-sufficient, we might take upon the task of converting to a regional standard, but as of current, our restructuring economy is too fragile to risk the loss of external aid.

To sum it up, we support the 'Seero', as a voluntary measure, and recommend for studies to be undertaken in search of a more... aesthetically pleasing title for it.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down