Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- T866fu

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion-

5 posters

Go down

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- Empty Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion-

Post  Baelgaria Wed May 18, 2011 4:42 pm

I, President Maxon of Free Land of Baelgaria, propose that the nations of Sermo collaborate to cut down on industrial and agricultural water pollution. The runoff into oceans and lakes is also affecting the fishing market and sea life in general.
Official Resolution

Enact "Imposing Limits on Water Pollution"

Resolution SS#013

Proposed by: President Maxon

Description: A resolution to reduce environmental impact

Argument: That the nations of Sermo are not regulating the dumping of industrial, agricultural and otherwise hazardous waste into bodies of water.

DEFINING hazardous waste as byproducts of business that can be harmful to human, animal or marine life through chemical, radioactive, explosive, or toxic means.

ACKNOWLEDGING that Manufacturing, Agriculture, Chemical, and other industries produce hazardous amounts of waste that is commonly dumped and/or rinsed into bodies of water by runoff.

BELIEVING that the hazardous waste produced by these industries could be dealt with responsibly and/or stored to prevent runoff into rivers and streams.

NOTING that Agricultural waste could be cut down on by limiting use of pesticides that are harmful when added to a marine environment full of life.

KNOWING that responsible management and/or storage of these wastes can be expensive.

BELIEVING that no cost is great enough to warrant damaging the environment, especially environments that contribute to industries such as fishing.

NOTING that previously mentioned industries may designate dumping zones that have a proven method of preventing the waste from seeping into the environment managed by a government body.

PROCLAIMING that all industrial, agricultural, chemical, and other business, private and public, responsibly prevent hazardous waste from making its way into bodies of water. Whether it be through directly dumping or indirect runoff into lakes, rivers, streams, creeks, ponds, marshes, swamps, oceans, or any other body of water inhabited by marine life.

The Sermo Senate hereby enacts resolution #013, "Imposing Limits on Water Pollution"

Baelgaria's official standing on SS#013 - FOR.

Please Discuss. Discussions shall close May 21 at 6:00 PST

Voting shall start May 21 6:00 PST
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- Empty Re: Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion-

Post  The Chairman Wed May 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Synavia is against this resolution, it would cost too much in taxpayer money. I say this because my citizens, having a 49% income tax rate, surely do not need any more.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- Empty Re: Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion-

Post  Hippo Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 am

We do not support this proposal, as the Hippo River is a nice little place to dump all our toxic stuff. Where would we put all of our toxic materials if we couldn't dump it into the river and to the sea?
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Fri May 20, 2011 2:32 pm

President Newlark wrote:Synavia is against this resolution, it would cost too much in taxpayer money. I say this because my citizens, having a 49% income tax rate, surely do not need any more.

Then force the companies to pay the necessary money required for dumping the hazardous materials, and give them huge fines if they violate it.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri May 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Hippo wrote:We do not support this proposal, as the Hippo River is a nice little place to dump all our toxic stuff. Where would we put all of our toxic materials if we couldn't dump it into the river and to the sea?
You're an idiot, you know that? The environment is much more important than your [whiney]little toxic waste problem[/whiney].
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri May 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Darth GW7 wrote:
President Newlark wrote:Synavia is against this resolution, it would cost too much in taxpayer money. I say this because my citizens, having a 49% income tax rate, surely do not need any more.

Then force the companies to pay the necessary money required for dumping the hazardous materials, and give them huge fines if they violate it.

Unfortunately, in Synavia, large corporations tend to be against the law (a trait dating from the age of President Adams). They'd just lie about it. I would agree to this resolution if only it didn't cost so much in taxpayer money. Synavia cares about the environment, and will do everything it can to help it out, so long as it doesn't force our tax rate above 60%.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Fri May 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Hippo wrote:We do not support this proposal, as the Hippo River is a nice little place to dump all our toxic stuff. Where would we put all of our toxic materials if we couldn't dump it into the river and to the sea?
Miles underground?
President Newlark wrote:
Darth GW7 wrote:

Unfortunately, in Synavia, large corporations tend to be against the law (a trait dating from the age of President Adams). They'd just lie about it. I would agree to this resolution if only it didn't cost so much in taxpayer money. Synavia cares about the environment, and will do everything it can to help it out, so long as it doesn't force our tax rate above 60%.
Then send government officials to check up on the supposed dumping sites?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri May 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Baelgaria wrote:
Miles underground?
President Newlark wrote:
Darth GW7 wrote:

Then send government officials to check up on the supposed dumping sites?
Government officials like to be paid, and pay means more taxes.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 pm

There are such things as loans and bonds; hiring more officials doesn't mean you need to raise taxes.

Last edited by Premier Annenkov on Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri May 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Premier Annenkov wrote:There are such things as loans and bonds, hiring more officials doesn't mean you need to raise taxes.
It's not only a matter of money, it's a matter of priority. Currently, I'm trying to get a new fleet of BMW M3's to replace our police car fleet.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 pm

President Newlark wrote:
Premier Annenkov wrote:There are such things as loans and bonds, hiring more officials doesn't mean you need to raise taxes.
It's not only a matter of money, it's a matter of priority. Currently, I'm trying to get a new fleet of BMW M3's to replace our police car fleet.
And you were wondering what Government Waste was?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Sat May 21, 2011 4:40 am

Baelgaria wrote:
Miles underground?
Too expensive. We had to build an underground cave so we could dump our radioactive material somewhere, and that was bloody expensive. Imagine if we had to build thousands of caves like that.. And we still couldn't fit all our toxic materials there

President Newlark wrote:
You're an idiot, you know that? The environment is much more important than your [whiney]little toxic waste problem[/whiney].
Enjoy your trees, I'll enjoy my booming economy.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat May 21, 2011 7:37 am

Hippo wrote:
Baelgaria wrote:
Miles underground?
Too expensive. We had to build an underground cave so we could dump our radioactive material somewhere, and that was bloody expensive. Imagine if we had to build thousands of caves like that.. And we still couldn't fit all our toxic materials there

President Newlark wrote:
Enjoy your trees, I'll enjoy my booming economy.
Rolling Eyes
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Sat May 21, 2011 8:30 am

Baelgaria wrote:
Good old-fashioned Ford Crown Vics are a lot better than some fancy BMW's.. And they're cheaper and more efficient too!

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- Policecopy
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat May 21, 2011 8:36 am

Hippo wrote:
Baelgaria wrote:
Good old-fashioned Ford Crown Vics are a lot better than some fancy BMW's.. And they're cheaper and more efficient too!

Resolution: Imposing Limits on Water Pollution -Discussion- Policecopy
We know they're expensive, but they're necessary as all interstates heve become Autobahns. We need to cope with speeders in Lamborghinis at 180 mph.

See the thread about it.

Your Crown Victorias don't have 414 horsepower V8 engines with a redline of 8,400 rpm, do they?

I didn't think so.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Sat May 21, 2011 12:23 pm

It's called a helicopter, they can go much faster than cars.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 am

Premier Annenkov wrote:It's called a helicopter, they can go much faster than cars.
Yes; they're also quite a bit more expensive and difficult to maneuver on roads. You can't quite pull someone over in one.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down