Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights T866fu

Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights

5 posters

Go down

Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights Empty Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights

Post  Darth GW7 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Enact "Regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights"

Resolution SS#010

Proposed by: Administrator Darth of Frenzland

Description: To make it a necessity for all nations in Sermo to maintain Civil and Political rights to be at least the average global level.

For all nations below this level to be given, at the time of this resolution being passed, one week in which to improve their Civil and Political rights to the point where they are at at least the average global level.

If any nation fails to bring their citizens' rights up to this standard within the week, action against this nation will be taken.

If any nation fails to bring their citizens' rights up to this standard however, shows adequate improvement in this area then it is at the senate's discretion whether to pursue action against this nation.

If at any point while this resolution is active a nation allows either of his civil or political rights to drop below the average level, they will be given one week in which to bring it up again before action is taken against them.

Argument:

KNOWING: That some nations in Sermo are severely falling behind in their civil and political rights.

BELIEVING: That the regulation of these rights is necessary to protect the people of the region.

BELIEVING: That the threat of action against the nation should be sufficient deterrance against the restriction of basic human rights.

The Sermo Senate hereby enacts resolution SS#010, "Regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights"
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights Empty Re: Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights

Post  Sekkisi Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:39 pm

action against this nation will be taken.

What actions will be taken need to be specifically stated and laid out in plain writing before The Board even considers supporting this resolution.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights Empty Re: Resolution to create regional limits on the restriction of Civil and Political rights

Post  Darth GW7 Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 am

Perhaps the nations of Sermo would be good enough to suggest some possibilities...?
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Argulor agrees with the resolution, and Frenzland's comments on it.
(Ignore everything after this, I hadn't read the other post Darth made on this, I'm keeping what I said here though, just to demonstrate my original opinion.)

In relation to deciding what the consequences of having poor civil and political rights, the consequences could be based on a tier, where EXTREME limitation of civil and political rights (0-10 on civil and political liberties would be considered extreme, perhaps? Argulor does not know the global average, when we learn what it is, we will adjust our numbers). Argulor believes the punishment for extreme limitations of both rights should be followed with a declaration of war, and are currently formulating an opinion on the other degrees of limitations of rights.

Although, as it is, and most likely what will become of it, Argulor will continue to support it.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Argulor wrote:Argulor agrees with the resolution, and Frenzland's comments on it.
(Ignore everything after this, I hadn't read the other post Darth made on this, I'm keeping what I said here though, just to demonstrate my original opinion.)

In relation to deciding what the consequences of having poor civil and political rights, the consequences could be based on a tier, where EXTREME limitation of civil and political rights (0-10 on civil and political liberties would be considered extreme, perhaps? Argulor does not know the global average, when we learn what it is, we will adjust our numbers). Argulor believes the punishment for extreme limitations of both rights should be followed with a declaration of war, and are currently formulating an opinion on the other degrees of limitations of rights.

Although, as it is, and most likely what will become of it, Argulor will continue to support it.

With full respect to this Senatorial small-fry, war as a punishment is absolutely the wrong way to go, and borderline idiotic. It would divide the region of Sermo more than it is already.

All war would accomplish is an alliance war between dictatorial and democratic nations.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Sekkisi wrote:
Argulor wrote:Argulor agrees with the resolution, and Frenzland's comments on it.

With full respect to this Senatorial small-fry, war as a punishment is absolutely the wrong way to go, and borderline idiotic. It would divide the region of Sermo more than it is already.

All war would accomplish is an alliance war between dictatorial and democratic nations.
Argulor has since realized this, and will retract that opinion, and formulate a new one, hopefully a smarter one, at that.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:36 am

Hippostania fully supports this proposal. We are the birthblace of freedom, democracy and liberty after all.

Last edited by Hippo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:54 am

Hippo wrote:Hippostania fully supports this proposals. We are the birthblace of freedom, democracy and liberty after all.

Don't get so full of yourself Mr. President.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:17 am

Cisco Zarandin wrote:
Hippo wrote:Hippostania fully supports this proposal. We are the birthblace of freedom, democracy and liberty after all.

Don't get so full of yourself Mr. President.
My title is the High Chancellor of the Republic of Hippostania. Not 'Mr. President' D:
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down