Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania T866fu

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania

+4
President Gan
Viktor Kasik
Darth GW7
Hippo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Empty [Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 am

For years, the Hipponian people have faced opression in the Northwestern Plateau (a part of Nulendbund) and Coastal Serenia (a part of Kyzl). 89% of the people in Northwestern Plateau and 71% of the people in Coastal Serenia are of Hippostanian descent, and they speak the hipponian language. 82% of the people in Northwestern Plateau support the secession, and 69% of the people in Coastal Serenia.
People in these areas are not allowed to use their native language. Hipponian newspapers are forced to close down, Hipponian schools are being closed and people think that the Hipponian people are subhuman. This has to end.
Hippostanian Goverment will not stand idle when the Hipponian people are suffering.

The parliament of Hippostania has decided to publish an ultimatum. We demand that the Federation of Nulendbund and the Democratic Republic of Kyzl accept that these areas have always been Hipponian, and accept the annexation of these areas into the Republic of Hippostania. The representatives of these nations have seven days (until 14.3.2011) to confrim that they have accepted the annexation.
The Hipponian people are peaceful. We do not want war. But we will protect our brothers and sisters on the other side of the artificial border that divides the Hipponian people.

We do not want that the people of Kyzl and Nulendbund see us as 'conquerors' or 'imperialists'. We will promise that the Kyzlian and Nulendbundian people who decide to stay in these areas after the annexation have a full right to use their native language and practice their culture. The Hippostanian Goverment fully supports cultural diversity in these areas, and promises that these cultures can coexist in the Republic of Hippostania.

The Hippostanian Goverment wishes that we can agree on a solution without having to go to war. But as I said, we will protect our brothers and sisters.

Waiting for your response,

Arttu Virtahepo
High Chancellor of Hippostania

Attachments:
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Annexation
A map of Hippostania and the nearby areas

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Annexation2
A man waving the Hippostanian flag in Northwestern Plateau's largest city.

Last edited by Hippo on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Empty Re: [Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania

Post  Darth GW7 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 am

Isn't that "Northwestern plateau" of Nulendbund part of the nation's largest industrial sector?
I'm not one to judge on economics, but a loss like that would not bode well for the nation's economy. I don't think this will be agreeable with Nulendbund's leader.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Empty Re: [Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

Darth GW7 wrote:Isn't that "Northwestern plateau" of Nulendbund part of the nation's largest industrial sector?
I'm not one to judge on economics, but a loss like that would not bode well for the nation's economy. I don't think this will be agreeable with Nulendbund's leader.
Nulenbund's main industrial area is centered around the northern part of the country. Northwestern Plateau does have a few factories, but it's mostly just empty grassland with a towns and villages. We don't want to harm our neighbour's economy in any way, and claiming that Hippostania wants to annex these areas for economical profit is outrageous.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:45 am

When the Hippostanian majority of Southwestern Nulendbund, previously the province-state of Crokshan, voted to join the bund of Nulend and Faldeen, they became a part of Nulendbund.

You believe that because this land has people of your culture, that the land belongs to you? This is not a fairytale where you can get whatever you want, these people are Nulendbundites and proud of that fact.

We will NOT give you one bit of land, you will NOT step a foot into Nulendbund, we will NOT back down. I suggest that you retract these demands as soon as possible, as I believe that the rest of the region will not support this kind of agressive behavior.
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 am

Viktor Kasik wrote:When the Hippostanian majority of Southwestern Nulendbund, previously the province-state of Crokshan, voted to join the bund of Nulend and Faldeen, they became a part of Nulendbund.

You believe that because this land has people of your culture, that the land belongs to you? This is not a fairytale where you can get whatever you want, these people are Nulendbundites and proud of that fact.

We will NOT give you one bit of land, you will NOT step a foot into Nulendbund, we will NOT back down. I suggest that you retract these demands as soon as possible, as I believe that the rest of the region will not support this kind of agressive behavior.
Hipponian people living in Nulenbund have never considered them Nulendbundites. If the majority of the people in the Northwestern Plains want to secede, you have no right to stop that. Technically, we aren't even annexing the Northwestern Plains. The people there are desperately trying to secede from Nulenbund! Only an extremely small minority wants the area to stay as a part of Nulenbund.

I believe that if the people of this land speak Hipponian, practice Hipponian culture, consider themselves Hipponian and want to become a part of Hippostania, they should be allowed to do that. No nation has the right to forbid that.

Also, I do not consider it aggressive behavior to reclaim our long lost land that our mothers and fathers have built with their tears and blood. People there are Hipponian, and they want to secede. Nulenbundites can't argue with that. And as I said, we will not back down. Our brothers and sisters in Hippostania proper and in Nulenbund too are willing to fight. We wish that it wouldn't come down to this, but if you want war, you'll get war.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:09 am

Hipponian people living in Nulenbund have never considered them Nulendbundites. If the majority of the people in the Northwestern Plains want to secede, you have no right to stop that. Technically, we aren't even annexing the Northwestern Plains. The people there are desperately trying to secede from Nulenbund! Only an extremely small minority wants the area to stay as a part of Nulenbund.

I believe that if the people of this land speak Hipponian, practice Hipponian culture, consider themselves Hipponian and want to become a part of Hippostania, they should be allowed to do that. No nation has the right to forbid that.

Also, I do not consider it aggressive behavior to reclaim our long lost land that our mothers and fathers have built with their tears and blood. People there are Hipponian, and they want to secede. Nulenbundites can't argue with that. And as I said, we will not back down. Our brothers and sisters in Hippostania proper and in Nulenbund too are willing to fight. We wish that it wouldn't come down to this, but if you want war, you'll get war..

First, I have seen no signs of the Hippostanian population in Southwestern Nulendbund in any way or wish to secede and join Hippostania. I believe these to be fabrications from your government in order to gain land. Second, we do not stop Hippostanians from practicing their culture, they are just a part of Nulendbund as anyone else living in our country and we do not deprive them of any rights. Lastly, I did not bring up the proposition of war, you seem quite anxious to attack our peaceful country to steal land from us. Including that we recently stripped back our defence budget, this seems like this is planned to attack and annex land from Nulendbund. Hopefully the rest of Sermo will not take kindly to what seems to me a very agressive move from Hippostania.
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:34 am

Viktor Kasik wrote:

Also, I do not consider it aggressive behavior to reclaim our long lost land that our mothers and fathers have built with their tears and blood. People there are Hipponian, and they want to secede. Nulenbundites can't argue with that. And as I said, we will not back down. Our brothers and sisters in Hippostania proper and in Nulenbund too are willing to fight. We wish that it wouldn't come down to this, but if you want war, you'll get war..

First, I have seen no signs of the Hippostanian population in Southwestern Nulendbund in any way or wish to secede and join Hippostania. I believe these to be fabrications from your government in order to gain land. Second, we do not stop Hippostanians from practicing their culture, they are just a part of Nulendbund as anyone else living in our country and we do not deprive them of any rights. Lastly, I did not bring up the proposition of war, you seem quite anxious to attack our peaceful country to steal land from us. Including that we recently stripped back our defence budget, this seems like this is planned to attack and annex land from Nulendbund. Hopefully the rest of Sermo will not take kindly to what seems to me a very agressive move from Hippostania.

The goverment of Hippostania has conducted a massive opinion poll about secession yearly in both Northwestern Plains and Coastal Serenia. These polls have been entirely democratic, and we haven't falsified them at any way. The support of secession has risen from 78% to 89% in just ten years. There has to be a reason for that. And there is. Your goverment regularly supports the discrimination of Hipponian people. They can't get good jobs, they are being discriminated wherever they go. Your constitution might say that the Hipponians have a right to practice their culture and use their language. But in fact, if they would do that they would immidiately wave goodbye to all their dreams about well paying jobs and luxurious home. The fact is that you can't live a good live in Nulenbund if you are Hipponian.

And about the war. We do not want war. We hate war. But we love our nation and it's people. When the Hipponian people that live in a part of Sermo that has been inhabited by the Hipponian people for a millenia are facing discrimination that prevent them from pursuing happiness, we must intervene. We are just listening to the majority of the people in Northwestern Plateau. And they don't want to be Nulenbundites. They want to be Hipponian. There's no way around that fact.

I request all other Sermoan nations to acknowledge that this land has always been Hipponian and will always be. We can avoid a war, but if you keep supporting the discrimination and racism that the Nulenbundian Goverment is practicing against Hipponians, a war is inevitable.

Finally, the claims that Hippostania is ''attacking Nulenbund for land and economical profit''. This is not true. We would never do that. We seek to protect the Hipponian people, we have no intention to harm your economy, your infastructure, your nation or its inhabitants in any way.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:55 am

Your goverment regularly supports the discrimination of Hipponian people. They can't get good jobs, they are being discriminated wherever they go. Your constitution might say that the Hipponians have a right to practice their culture and use their language. But in fact, if they would do that they would immidiately wave goodbye to all their dreams about well paying jobs and luxurious home. The fact is that you can't live a good live in Nulenbund if you are Hipponian.

Discrimination? We spend a large sum of money on a social policy, approximately 13 percent of our government spending, to help end racism and racial discrimination!

We have never and will never discriminate against the multitude of races that live in Nulendbund. Also, if you want to hear actual facts, the people of Nulendbund experience many more civil rights than the residents of Hippostania do.

I can't imagine how you can spew out these lies and slander and still believe that the other countries of Sermo will actually believe them.
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Viktor Kasik wrote:
Discrimination? We spend a large sum of money on a social policy, approximately 13 percent of our government spending, to help end racism and racial discrimination!

We have never and will never discriminate against the multitude of races that live in Nulendbund. Also, if you want to hear actual facts, the people of Nulendbund experience many more civil rights than the residents of Hippostania do.

I can't imagine how you can spew out these lies and slander and still believe that the other countries of Sermo will actually believe them.
The money you spend on social policy doesn't help if the money never gets to the Hipponians! The hipponians in Nulenbund generally live in very poor conditions and have to do the worst jobs. No wonder that they want to secede. They want a better life, because it's clear that Nulenbund can't offer it to them. If you claim that the hundreds of protests, rallies and demonstrations that support the secession are orchestrated by the Hippostanian goverment to destabilize your economy, you are just fooling yourself. We are peaceful. We don't even have an intelligence service that could orchestrate such events. Also, it is well known that even though there Nulenbundites enjoy a wide range of civil rights, they have almost no political rights whatsoever.

I ask the Sermoan nations to condemn the discrimination supported by the Nulenbundite Goverment against Hipponians and help us find a solution to this crisis, and take all precautions to prevent a full-scale war.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 pm

I did not say that you orchestrated any ideas of succession or riots because I see or hear none, the people are working, they are happy. I said that you are fabricating these polls and others saying that the people wish for succession. I do not know why you say that the Hipponians work the worst of jobs, they have the same job demographics that most of the rest of the country does, and even if they did do the worst kind of jobs, these people have the right to unionize for better working rights, which they have not. We make sure that all working conditions are safe and secure for all workers.

Hipponians have the same rights as anyone in Nulendbund, spreading slander against the Nulendbund government saying that we treat them unfairly is not right at all. Continuing this slander will not help you, the Hipponians or anyone.
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Viktor Kasik wrote:I did not say that you orchestrated any ideas of succession or riots because I see or hear none, the people are working, they are happy. I said that you are fabricating these polls and others saying that the people wish for succession. I do not know why you say that the Hipponians work the worst of jobs, they have the same job demographics that most of the rest of the country does, and even if they did do the worst kind of jobs, these people have the right to unionize for better working rights, which they have not. We make sure that all working conditions are safe and secure for all workers.

Hipponians have the same rights as anyone in Nulendbund, spreading slander against the Nulendbund government saying that we treat them unfairly is not right at all. Continuing this slander will not help you, the Hipponians or anyone.
There is a photo of the demonstration in my original post. Didn't you see that? I have more pictures about the protests if you want to see them.

And even though you think that the Hipponians are happy, they aren't. As long as they're being opressed by a foreign power on their own soil, they are not happy.
Did you know over 70% of the Hipponians in Northwestern Plains are living under the poverty line? I don't know where you get your statistics, because most of the Hipponians aren't happy with the situation in Nulenbund.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  President Gan Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I suggest a resolution be proposed to settle this diplomatically. Should any military action occur however know that Machiniosa will protect Nulendbund & Kyzl against an illegal occupation.
President Gan
President Gan

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:09 pm

I am both upset and deeply troubled by these claims. Our government has hardly ever heard complaints from the specified region, we assume they are living happily. However, these slanderous lies that you claim as fact are completely false; Kyzl's government has never partaken in the oppression of a specific people. You have stated that the majority of the Hipponian population live under the poverty line- I am not sure if you mean on the Northwestern Plateau or in Coastal Serenia, as my government does its best to ensure social equality for all citizens.

Kyzl's largest city, Mazyr, lies close to Coastal Serenia, and is a crucial part of the state of Tartuma. Over 25% of our industrial capacity lies within or nearby Coastal Serenia, the loss of it would be lethal for the nation. We cannot allow you to take one of most important regions.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Soalma Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

I greatly doubt the legitimacy of the statistics provided stating that such high numbers of citizens in these areas wish to be part of Hippostania. Either they are completely made up, or they are skewed. You said that the Northwestern plateau is largely rural; perhaps many people didn't have the means to reach the polls and cast their vote in favor of staying as part of Nulendbund. Soalma recommends that the Hippostanian government retract its childish demands.
Soalma
Soalma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeniferia Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 am

I suggest Hippostania backs down with the childish threats and insults and consider this if this petty dispute is not resolved soon our nation is on stand by for any military action
Jeniferia
Jeniferia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:21 am

There shall be no public vote in the Senate on this issue. There must be a diplomatic resolution to the issue that no outsiders, only the three nations involved must all agree on. As the leader of Sermo, it is my job to maintain the sanctity of the region's peace.

That is all I am willing to say regarding this issue for the time being.

You can expect my more in depth input into the current situation in a few days.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 am

I am deeply disappointed with the reaction of the international community regarding the rightful annexation of the old Hipponian lands and the denial of the Hipponian people's wishes. The goverment of Hippostania is concerned about the possible war that this crisis might cause, and therefore we have tried to make a compromise. We hope that the Nulendbund and Kyzl goverments are satisfied with this solution.

Attachments:
[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Annexation3
Our proposal is that the Hippostanian goverment does not demand any land from the Democratic Republic of Kyzl, as long as an autonomous province is established for the Hipponian people. We also pull back our demands for Northwestern Plains. However, we still do demand a very small piece of land from the Federation of Nulenbund, a small town called Wokingham and its nearby surroundings whose population is almost 100% Hipponian. We would also establish an autonomous province called Nulenbundite Wokingham in this area.

Waiting for your response,
Arttu Virtahepo
High Chancellor of the Republic of Hippostania
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

"Why can't they just leave us alone?" Kurt Brokan, a Hipponian small business owner living in Wokingham stated to our reporter. "I am proud to be a Hipponian, but I am also proud to be a Nulendbundite. I was born in this country and I love it.". "I can understand why the Hippostanian government wants this land, having a large amount of Hipponians, but we are also Nulendbundites, even if they say we are not.", "We are not mistreated by the government and the low taxes allow us to have more money to spend, I don't think I would be able to keep this business running if we joined Hippostania, as they have a much higher tax rate.". "I hope that the Hippostanian government stops their demands completely, as even though I am a Hipponian by blood, I am Nulendbundite at heart."

Nulendbund News Journal.

Last edited by Viktor Kasik on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:02 pm

This proposition is much more agreeable than the last- we remain in control of Coastal Serenia, yet we will allow Serenia to have its own autonomous government, which reports to us. I will be willing to agree to this, however I will take some time to officially accept.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 am

Hippostanian goverment is satisfied that the Kyzlian goverment accepted our generous proposal and expects the Autonomous Province of Hipponian Serenia to be established soon. However, we are deeply saddened by the uncompromising nature of the Nulenbundite Goverment. Hippostania can not make any more compromises. We have already made an extremely generous proposal, we can't afford to make it any more generous.

High Chancellor of the Republic of Hippostania has also designed flags for the new provinces.

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Hipponianserenia
Hipponian Serenia

[Demand] Annexation of the Northwestern Plateau & Coastal Serenia into Hippostania Nulenbundt
Nulenbundite Wokingham

Also, considering the article written in the Nulenbund News Journal. Apparently the reporter managed to find the only Hipponian in Wokingham who doesn't support the creation of an autonomous province. Concerning the tax rate, Hippostania is currently making large cuts to its defense and admininstration budget to drastically lower the tax rate.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 am

It is settled then. Fantastic.

Expect this enactment to be shown on the map update (come friday) and also expect it to be on our soon to be our government directory of resolutions and acts soon enough.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 am

Cisco Zarandin wrote:It is settled then. Fantastic.

Expect this enactment to be shown on the map update (come friday) and also expect it to be on our soon to be our government directory of resolutions and acts soon enough.

Please note that we have not accepted the proposition proposed by Hippostania.
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 am

Viktor Kasik wrote:

Right. I must have read Premier Annenkov's comments and overlooked yours.

Well then, I must say that an agreement should be worked out within the next week. It's not good for the region as a whole to have these types of issues just sitting idle.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 am

Viktor Kasik wrote:

It is time to get rid of that self-denial. Most of the people in Wokingham support the annexation, and those who do not can't even notice any difference since the province will stay billingual and have an autonomy. The only difference is that a different flag will fly over the city's police station. There are less than a handful of people who oppose the annexation, despite what your falsified newspapers say.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeniferia Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 am

Back off Hippo or the full force of our might will be brought down on you like a hammer
Jeniferia
Jeniferia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next