Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Possible Establishment of Monetary Union T866fu

Possible Establishment of Monetary Union

+2
Soalma
Cisco Zarandin
6 posters

Go down

Possible Establishment of Monetary Union Empty Possible Establishment of Monetary Union

Post  Cisco Zarandin Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:51 pm

SERMO SENATE, AURA – There have been talks within the regional Senate of establishing monetary unions within the region. This would essentially require all nations within the region that are members of the World Assembly and have say in the regional Senate to adopt of a new form currency. The proposed currency is the “Seero” which is the current currency of the Democratic States of Ocasus.

Tornnesian Senator Joao Caralho announced the following regarding the issue;

The new currency would help travel within the region, as well as boost the tourism industry since travel throughout our countries would be made much simpler. It will also improve international trade making it simpler for the region as a whole to trade with foreign regions. It would also improve inter-region trade.

Some Machiniosan senators have detested the issue with the argument that it would take away individuality from the region and completely ruin the diversity we’ve worked for over the past hundreds of years.

The topic will be up for vote and debate in the coming weeks.

Frederick Gooden, SBC News, Aura

Source
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Possible Establishment of Monetary Union Empty Re: Possible Establishment of Monetary Union

Post  Soalma Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:38 am

NUGHA, SOALMA - The President of Soalma issued a statement earlier today concerning recent talks proposing a region-wide standardized currency in Sermo.

"The benefits of standardized currency are obvious; a united economy, easier travels for citizens of Sermo, increased trade, and plenty more. However, I propose the creation of a new currency rather than to adopt the currency of another state, even if that state [Ocasus] is the capital of the region. I can only see this as an attempt to establish some form of dominance in a region that preaches equality, and I urge the member nations of Sermo to push for the adoption of an entirely new currency."

The Senate of Soalma is currently divided on the question of whether to adopt the Seero. Senate majority leader Husch Tyyrabad said that while he dislikes the idea of accepting another nation's currency as becoming the standard, it may be "too difficult" to create a new satisfactory currency for all of Sermo, and that it "would make the most sense to adopt the Seero" if forced to choose an existing one. It was also pointed out that the Seero, in addition to being the currency of Ocasus, is also the national currency of Summland, whose economy is booming currently.
Soalma
Soalma

Back to top Go down

Possible Establishment of Monetary Union Empty Re: Possible Establishment of Monetary Union

Post  Hannibal Satelitos Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 am

No to Currency Change, says the People of Lena-Rutland

When asked whether they would accept changing the nation's current currency (the Lena) to the foreign Seero by SBC news, an astonishing 89% of those polled were against the move. 8% were undecided and 2% refused to answer. Of those 89%, about half seemed outraged at the suggestion and there were some attacks on the reporters.

The reasons of this may lie in the fact that the Lena is an historical currency that has accompanied the country since the beginning of money. Earlier attempts to change the currency ended in mass summary executions and riots all over the cities of the South, who are more conservative.

Manuel Cabrao, SBC News, Lena-Rutland.

Hannibal Satelitos
Hannibal Satelitos

Back to top Go down

Post  FPChris Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 am

GRANDIS, SUMMLAND - The country of Summland has already decided, they want the new Seero, "This new currency is much better, there are barely any zeros! I mean, I can buy cheese for just 3 Seero's instead of having to pay 30 000 000 euros like we used to" says a naked man standing on the IKEA Square in the capital of Summland. President Hermansson says this "I'm surprised so many are against it, I guess some people can't handle change, here in Summland, everybody in the senate voted Yes, and there were no demonstrations. Seems good to me"
FPChris
FPChris
WA Delegate
WA Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 am

01-03-2011 Acolytes prepare for monetary union - "Bring it on, as soon as we have new pencils" says Head Administrator of Finances Richard Murm

CAVNECOS - BACLAV

Anticipation in the capital today as the resolution for a Sermo monetary union is nearing decision day.
As the country has already informally adopted the currency, the acolytes of the Empire prepare to get the necessary documentation done.

"The forms are a refreshing change", says Acolyte-manager of the HA-F Hanz Mopp. "I like the way the text looks, It's nice to see the new template being used".
Due to 'a slight pencil shortage' (cit. HA-OS), no forms were submitted to ask for the opinion of an acolyte.

02-03-2011 Office workers angry at pencil shortage - "This is pointless", say distrought workers

HERNEM - BACLAV

A recent drop in pencil core pigment, along with the nervous sharpening of pencils prior to the Monetary Union resolution has changed a 'slight pencil shortage' as indicated by HA-OS into a catastropic one. The issue has been passed onto the Head Administrator of Transportation and Trade as well as the Grand Administrator.

One citizen of Baclav suggested the use of ballpoint pens for the time being, sadly no pencils are available to fill in the appropriate documents.
Grand Administrator Crude
Grand Administrator Crude

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 am

Guys, you can make posts on SBC news. Just tell me your Wordpress account and I'll give you the rights to.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  FPChris Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 am

What is a wordpress and who uses it?
FPChris
FPChris
WA Delegate
WA Delegate

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusknova Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 am

The king of Rusknova has qon public opinon to say "No!" to the proposed standardizied currency bill.
Our old, fair and wise king has argued his point in a national debate, as is the Rusknovian custom. He won with a well thought out question. "Is it wise to sacrifice our own currency, which is steeped in heritage and is therefore very important to the people of Rusknova for a new, potentially unreliable form of currency from the newly formed Sermo Alliance?". His protaganist opponent, James Martins could not respond to the question and swiftly lost support of the crowds and eventually, this lead to his loss of the debate. With the current popular opinon on the King's side, it does not look like Rusknova's currency will change for ages yet. A very good outcome says the "Ruskian Times" and god bless our king.

Rusknova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down