Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- T866fu

Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED-

Go down

Your Nation's Stance

Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- I_vote_lcap75%Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]
Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- I_vote_lcap25%Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED- Empty Vote: Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources -PASSED-

Post  Sekkisi Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Official Resolution

Enact "Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources"

Resolution SS#009

Proposed by: The Board of Directors

Description:

1. For all nations to install air scrubbers in polluting power plants, such as coal plants, oil plants, etc.

2. For all nations to decrease pollution levels from above power plants by at least 15% within next two (2) years.

3. For all nations to begin adopting renewable or cleaner sources of energy, such as wind farms, hydroelectric dams, solar farms, nuclear power plants, etc.

4. For all nations to replace 20% of their existing power plants with alternatives (listed in point 2.) in the next 4 years.

Argument:

AWKNOWLEDGING: That developing nations with crippled economies may not be able to instantly begin such work.

KNOWING: That uncontrolled pollution can result in environmental disaster.

KNOWING: That pollution holds health risks for citizens of Sermo.

KNOWING: That such measures have been effective in Sekkisi and have minimal cost to implement.

BELIEVING: That the people and ecosystems of Sermo are at immediate risk from pollution.

BELIEVING: That such measures will secure the future of the region of Sermo and it's people.

NOTING: Recent air samples over the southern region of Sermo have increased levels of polluting substances.

The Sermo Senate hereby enacts resolution #009, "Reduction of Reliance on Polluting Energy Sources"

Voting will last for 5 days and close on Friday 1st April 2011 at 2107h GMT 0 (Daylight Saving Time is in effect).
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down