Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Synavia Goes Lunar EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Synavia Goes Lunar T866fu

Synavia Goes Lunar

+6
Avin Triumvirate
Hippo
Baelgaria
Cisco Zarandin
Premier Annenkov
The Chairman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Synavia Goes Lunar Empty Synavia Goes Lunar

Post  The Chairman Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

The government of Synavia revealed today a plan to send 3 men to the moon by 2012. Here's how it will work:

The rocket, named DragonX, will be approximately 22% larger than the iconic American Saturn V. It will produce 9.5 million pounds of thrust. It will not, however, be a purely chemical rocket. It will utilize a new propulsion technology known to the SAC (Synavia Aerospace Commission) as Project Vapor. It will not, however, involve vapor. It is rumored to be a sort of anti-gravity device, though no one but the folks at SAC know exactly.

The DragonX will lift off from the (currently under construction) Nentrani Airbase, named after the late Synavian Parliament member who had long suggested that Synavia have a full-blown space program. It will reach space in a little over 16 minutes and travel at 22,730 mph for most of the trip. It will reach the moon's orbit in little over two days. Once in a stable orbit, the capsule, named Falcon II, will orbit exactly twice, before going down and landing near the center of the Sea of Serenity. The astronauts will conduct tests before returning home.

The government of Synavia is currently searching for the much-needed funding this project requires.

Last edited by President Newlark on Sat May 14, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Synavia Goes Lunar Empty Re: Synavia Goes Lunar

Post  Premier Annenkov Sat May 14, 2011 3:36 pm

The nation of Kyzl congratulates you on your endeavors. We toyed with the prospect of a space program, but we decided that modernizing our military was more important. We wish you luck with your program.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Since you are so interested, Annenkov, would you consider helping us out? We are rather lacking funding at the moment, and we need everything we can get. We would be extremely grateful if you agreed.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 pm

We will review your proposal and have an answer within twenty-four hours.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 am

I appreciate your consideration and prompt attention to the matter.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Sun May 15, 2011 1:06 pm

President Newlark wrote:I appreciate your consideration and prompt attention to the matter.

Maybe one shouldn't undergo such an optimistic project until you have the resource to do it?
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 am

Cisco Zarandin wrote:
President Newlark wrote:I appreciate your consideration and prompt attention to the matter.

Maybe one shouldn't undergo such an optimistic project until you have the resource to do it?

We've got resources aplenty. With the money we have now, we could accomplish it, just slower than we would without help.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 am

And how exactly did you come to gain the sudden massive amount of funding that is necessary to complete a successful launch? Even the designing of the rocket would cost more than you currently spend on ventures such as this, none the less the construction of proper facilities, hiring of personnel, and building the actual rocket. Rocket fuel is also expensive. Apparently you can just launch a rocket with happy thoughts and pocket change?

Also, why are you doing this directly following a major political turmoil and war in Synavia?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

I would like to remind that I destroyed most of your fuel tanks and other important infastructure less than two weeks ago. Are you using thousands of slaves for your project or are you just good at repairing stuff?
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Mon May 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Before we consider funding the project, we as well would like to know the source of these funds. Until that and actual progress showing that your nation is able to follow through with this, we are withholding funds for this program.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Taking into account the stability of Synavia, and the sheer potential for damage not only to our orbital objects, but the region should a space-launch be mis-used, the Triumvirate has ordered that - despite what any in the Senate might say, we will go through with this - any Synavian attempted space launch will be intercepted and destroyed, by any means necessary.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 pm

That is a rash decision. This is not a permanent satellite orbiting earth, it is a lander that will be in space for several days. I propose that all future space programs must be fully transparent and have third party nations be on-site to ensure the primary mission of the craft is research.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Baelgaria wrote:And how exactly did you come to gain the sudden massive amount of funding that is necessary to complete a successful launch? Even the designing of the rocket would cost more than you currently spend on ventures such as this, none the less the construction of proper facilities, hiring of personnel, and building the actual rocket. Rocket fuel is also expensive. Apparently you can just launch a rocket with happy thoughts and pocket change?

Also, why are you doing this directly following a major political turmoil and war in Synavia?
On the money issue, honestly, I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm going to ask the CEO of SAC to explain.

Taking into account the stability of Synavia, and the sheer potential for damage not only to our orbital objects, but the region should a space-launch be mis-used, the Triumvirate has ordered that - despite what any in the Senate might say, we will go through with this - any Synavian attempted space launch will be intercepted and destroyed, by any means necessary.

What the hell are you smoking?

I assure you, the primary (and by primary I mean only) purpose of this is research and striving towards the good of mankind. I would never authorize (or allow to be authorized) any space mission involving weapons. As you should know, I was fully for the Deweaponization of Space and I pretend it was passed.

I'm ignoring your threat. I don't care.

Here's a threat on my part. If you re really serious about what you have said, we actually will put weapons on them to defend themselves. I can and will do that, but only if you ask for it.

//Why does everything I do somehow end up in war and/or mass slaughter?
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 am

This is why we can't have nice things
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 am

Luna's is boring, I'm going to Mars once the necessary paperwork gets through.
Grand Administrator Crude
Grand Administrator Crude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Tue May 17, 2011 7:49 am

Grand Administrator Crude wrote:Luna's is boring, I'm going to Mars once the necessary paperwork gets through.

We've got that on our agenda too.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Tue May 17, 2011 9:51 am

Europa is ours, then.
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 pm

We'll have space in its infinity.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Baelgaria wrote:And how exactly did you come to gain the sudden massive amount of funding that is necessary to complete a successful launch? Even the designing of the rocket would cost more than you currently spend on ventures such as this, none the less the construction of proper facilities, hiring of personnel, and building the actual rocket. Rocket fuel is also expensive. Apparently you can just launch a rocket with happy thoughts and pocket change?

It takes longer than two weeks to get the infrastructure and funds and personnel and EVERYTHING ready for even this to be happening.
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Tue May 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Hippo wrote:Europa is ours, then.
Not if I can help it. Razz
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 pm

//Hey cool you're ignoring the issue
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Heliostania Wed May 18, 2011 1:55 am

Heliostania states that it will be staying out of the main body of space for the time being, and will instead be focusing on several space stations in low orbit.
Heliostania
Heliostania

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 am

Baelgaria wrote://Hey cool you're ignoring the issue
Hey, cool, you don't know what punctuation is.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Wed May 18, 2011 1:13 pm

The Triumvirate never implied that this... Synavian travesty would be armed. Instead we're considering the complete and total lack of competance shown throughout the ruling government. Your predicessor - whom you openly admited to feeling inferior too - was of such a level that he managed to result in his own military forces rebelling against him, with such poor security within his confines that there was an assassination attempt virtually every week.

Now, with the above capability of your government in mind, imagine just how a nation split by civil war - with the rebelious faction consisting of trained military personnel - will react to a space program, consisting at the most basic levels of highly volitile fuel and at the end, the ability to deliver a nuclear warhead into either a ballistic trajector, or a fractional orbital bombardment path.

There is also the issue of orbital denial, whose to say that a disgruntled Synavian terrorist might not sabotage the launch vehicles to explode in standard orbits? Then you've got shrapnel and such everywhere, presenting a danger to any satelites in that orbit.

The knowledge however that it can and will be designed with an armed capability, is simply a matter to be dealt with via conventional assets. You would be surprised how vulnerable a space-booster is during the boost phase, and the Avinistratus Air Force has invested in the capability to deal with such matters without loosing a single missile.

Considering the state of your military after the Hippostanians were through with it, I think that continuing this disaster would merely result in the unneeded loss of Synavian life, as there is no possible way you can defend this from your own malcontents, let alone bring it to completion with your current resource base.

// And believe it or not, simply ripping off the SpaceX names won't fix anything.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Wed May 18, 2011 3:39 pm

//He's just ignoring the logic and facts that go against his super duper string and gum ripoff space program. Also Avin, what happened to that orbital denial of Me?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next