Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" T866fu

Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered"

+4
The Chairman
President Gan
Argulor
Cisco Zarandin
8 posters

Go down

Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" Empty Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered"

Post  Cisco Zarandin Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 pm

AURA - There have been calls for war against Synavia in the Ocasian nation for the past several days. The reason being the recent attack on Ocasian peacekeepers in the former Republic of Jeniferia (FRJ). A battlegroup of Ocasian forces were deployed to maintain peace, and establish relations and humanitarian aide with the people in the ravaged village of Algarsad. The Ocasian forces were speaking with the village leaders regarding establishing permanent outposts and helping train their local militias to defend from bandits and terrorists. The Ocasian field leaders also attempted to set up a watertank and water purification systems within the area, aswell as helping cultivate the surrounding land to establish permanent food supplies.

Suddenly on April 16th, 2011 at 14:05 the civilians and Ocasian troops were randomly fired upon by Synavian forces. The Synavian forces weren't even acknowledged as being in-country. The Ocasians were caught by surprise, when rockets fired upon the troops whilst they were taking a rest waiting for the meetings to be over. The forces were reported to be a kilometer away to the northwest of the village. The initial blast from a Synavian trooper wielding a rocket launcher killed 5 Ocasian troopers and 7 civilians. The Ocasians were able to eventually fight back after losing atleast 8 more troopers and 14 more civilians whilst scrambling to battle positions. The final deathtoll included 19 Ocasian Troopers, and 32 Civilians. Synavian casualties are still unknown.

The leader of Ocasus, PM Cisco Zarandin made this statement earlier today;

What happened to our soldiers is a tragedy. We do not know what, or why the Synavian forces attacked our troops, who were just trying to help the civilian population. We have yet to make contact with the Synavian leaders, as they tend to be secretive about their operations.

We're horrified that 19 young Ocasian men had to die, when they were there voluntarily to help spread the Ocasian way of helping the people. Today, we set aside our different backgrounds, religions, and cultures, because today, we are all just Ocasians. Ocasians, mourning the deaths of 19 countrymen. They will all be missed, and they will forever live on in our hearts.

We'll release our official actions later on in the month, but, for now, let us all come together, not to hold anger in our hearts, but to celebrate the lives of these brave, brave soldiers.

Ocasian soldiers and Jeniferian civilians eating lunch together.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" 4e3fd7eba44949215b53bd8d65d03076

Ocasian troopers sitting by a wall, taking a rest after handing out supplies all day.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" 79f2db3912f64ec137aff96fa3a98063

Soldiers standing by as Major Riccardo Buffon speaks with the village leaders
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" A136b5ee75647b31a4bbe5e8ad31dc5d

The last image taken of Brigadier Florence Bertrand before he was shot by a Synavian marksmen.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" 63e8ec080a73d1fb037776ee5faaa07b

The body of Florence Bertrand being carried of the plane back to Ocasus, as his wife Estelle, and his son Enzo (3) mourn.
Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" 6cdecdb31112232ef2a01a51ffc47d59
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" Empty Re: Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered"

Post  Argulor Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 am

// Aw damn, the pictures made me tear up.

(IC) Argulor is extremely mad at Synavia, and, will soon formulate an official opinion on what to do. Currently, the parliament is leaning to embargoing all Synavian goods.
Edit: Argulor has decided to embargo all Synavian goods.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered" Empty Re: Calls for war in Ocasus as 19 Ocasian peacekeepers are "murdered"

Post  President Gan Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Is there any conlusive proof that these were Synavian forces? FRJ is a hotbed of terrorist hotbed right now due to poor border security.
President Gan
President Gan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm

President Gan wrote:Is there any conlusive proof that these were Synavian forces? FRJ is a hotbed of terrorist hotbed right now due to poor border security.

Uh, President Adams admitted to this.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Holy shit!
I do not doubt the trustability of Mr. Zarandin, but I was not told that this happened. What I was told happened was that Ocasian peacekeepers approached and when we declined to abandon Skyhawk base, they shot at us. I was told that there were no fatalities on either side.
I am confused and concerned as to why the military would go directly against my orders and then lie to me about it. Investigations are underway.
But I'm afraid I've been terribly political about this. I'd like to say to the citizens of Ocasus that I am terribly sorry about all this. I am shocked and horrified that so many died and if there was anything I could have done to save these young men, I would have.

//Wow, I'm actually tearing up now. Over something made-up on the Internet. I think I'm soft.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:37 pm

This is tangentially related, but an informant of ours inside the Synavian Military has leaked to us the following telegram between President Adams and a top synavian general. His name was redacted to protect him in this time of crisis. The message appears to be quite informal yet affirmative.
General [redacted],
The nuclear device being stored at Skyhawk Base is now authorized to be moved to the previously arranged coordinates. Once Synavian troops are away from the area you may detonate at will. The access code has been sent through a different telegram.
President Adams
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme Lord Blanchard Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

// that ain't right bro, you shouldn't do that
p dick move imo
Supreme Lord Blanchard
Supreme Lord Blanchard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 am

//Hey hey another nuke in play, what a surprise.
Grand Administrator Crude
Grand Administrator Crude

Back to top Go down

Post  President Gan Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:27 am

Baelgaria wrote:This is tangentially related, but an informant of ours inside the Synavian Military has leaked to us the following telegram between President Adams and a top synavian general. His name was redacted to protect him in this time of crisis. The message appears to be quite informal yet affirmative.
General [redacted],
The nuclear device being stored at Skyhawk Base is now authorized to be moved to the previously arranged coordinates. Once Synavian troops are away from the area you may detonate at will. The access code has been sent through a different telegram.
President Adams

The synavian military needs to step up it's security if such a provocative telegram was intercepted.
President Gan
President Gan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:17 am

This is confusing. I never sent that.
However, looking through our telegraph archive, I did find the message in question. I also found the telegraph with the access code - sort of. It was incorrect.
I bet this was actually sent by Cordonis and made easily de-encrypted by Baelgaria to screw with us.
Plus there is no nuke stored at Skyhawk Base. Our only nuke is being stored elsewhere. Not in Jeniferia though.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:17 am

President Adams wrote:This is confusing. I never sent that.
However, looking through our telegraph archive, I did find the message in question. I also found the telegraph with the access code - sort of. It was incorrect.
I bet this was actually sent by Cordonis and made easily de-encrypted by Baelgaria to screw with us.
Plus there is no nuke stored at Skyhawk Base. Our only nuke is being stored elsewhere. Not in Jeniferia though.
Note: You shouldn't even have a nuke, as Sermo has passed a resolution to disarm all nuclear weapons.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 pm

I am aware of #SS007. but I don't really care.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 pm

If you have nukes then that means that the whole region can destroy you with due cause :>
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:21 pm

President Adams wrote:I am aware of #SS007. but I don't really care.
//Just like everyone else?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Yah.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 pm

President Adams wrote:Yah.
//Hey look, an open declaration of defiance towards the Sermo Senate.

The transmission was revealed to be fake. Baelgaria has no more information at his moment.
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:06 am

Baelgaria wrote://Hey look, an open declaration of defiance towards the Sermo Senate.
Well, right you are!
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down