Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 T866fu

The Baelgarian War

+7
Premier Annenkov
Telekarta
Supreme Lord Blanchard
Grand Administrator Crude
Hippo
Baelgaria
The Chairman
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Empty Re: The Baelgarian War

Post  Darth GW7 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:37 pm

wow dave seriously fuck off you make magical god-like spaceships and justify it by the fact that you've been sitting on NS wanking for several years and whenever someone tries to do something with their military you jump up their ass like "NOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q"
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Hippo wrote://Synavia, usually air force planes don't have their country's flag painted on them like that. They usually use roundels like this, you really should use them too. I was too lazy to remove the jagged edges, sorry.
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Synavia
//I'm aware of that, I was in a pinch for time there posting that. I will use that roundel you made so long as the area around it is transparent. Thanks! Very Happy
Darth GW7 wrote:wow dave seriously fuck off you make magical god-like spaceships and justify it by the fact that you've been sitting on NS wanking for several years and whenever someone tries to do something with their military you jump up their ass like "NOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q"
Profane, but when you erase all the swearing, I agree. Those B-2s are our pride and joy and we believe they were worth every penny. Boom Boom Pow. Also, Dave, stop doing this sort of thing. You need to follow your own advice. //I go on NSEconomy a lot and researched B-2 Spirits beforehand specifically to find out the cost. So get off people's backs, will ya?
//I can't wait until Baelgaria replies to the B-2 thing. They're going to be like pale
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 pm

// I'd recommend you not try to slip between IC and OOC within a single post using open slashes, it's ugly and with your lack of formatting it's just confusing.

It isn't just the pricetag on the B-2s though, it's your claim of a 'very-large air force' and all the physical and crew-based infrastructure required to support it all. Within a week you've gone from no defence budget to this, so where did all the airbases, hangars, ground crew, maintenence teams, pilots, weapons officers and the command and control facilities required to handle it all appear from?

It's one thing to say your nation can afford it, it's another to just have it instantly appear on site without any proper grounding. It would be like saying that because Avinistratus could fund a canal stretching from it's lakes to the ocean, it's automatically built and there. It wouldn't be, it's a years long engineering project.

Couldn't the same be said for military forces where it isn't just about the materiel in use, but the skill and training within the people using them and the logical support backing them up. That takes time to develop, especially for a prieviously peaceful nation adjusting to it's military forces.

it's one thing to form a militia and hand every person a rifle, it is another entirely to expect them to act like a well-drilled military platoon when you do so. Instead that is brought about by the time and money invested in training a professional army. Even more has to be invested to create an air-force, as while the basics of flying an aircraft can be taken from airliners, that doesn't translate to combat operations and operating the various systems about a modern combat aircraft.

Pilots capable of flying B-2s into hostile airspace undetected don't just grow on trees.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:04 am

Behold the wonders of Photoshop!
The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Synaviaaa
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 am

Avin Triumvirate wrote:// I'd recommend you not try to slip between IC and OOC within a single post using open slashes, it's ugly and with your lack of formatting it's just confusing.

It isn't just the pricetag on the B-2s though, it's your claim of a 'very-large air force' and all the physical and crew-based infrastructure required to support it all. Within a week you've gone from no defence budget to this, so where did all the airbases, hangars, ground crew, maintenence teams, pilots, weapons officers and the command and control facilities required to handle it all appear from?

It's one thing to say your nation can afford it, it's another to just have it instantly appear on site without any proper grounding. It would be like saying that because Avinistratus could fund a canal stretching from it's lakes to the ocean, it's automatically built and there. It wouldn't be, it's a years long engineering project.

Couldn't the same be said for military forces where it isn't just about the materiel in use, but the skill and training within the people using them and the logical support backing them up. That takes time to develop, especially for a prieviously peaceful nation adjusting to it's military forces.

it's one thing to form a militia and hand every person a rifle, it is another entirely to expect them to act like a well-drilled military platoon when you do so. Instead that is brought about by the time and money invested in training a professional army. Even more has to be invested to create an air-force, as while the basics of flying an aircraft can be taken from airliners, that doesn't translate to combat operations and operating the various systems about a modern combat aircraft.

Pilots capable of flying B-2s into hostile airspace undetected don't just grow on trees.
What exactly are you trying to prove with this? That it never happened? Good luck with that.
Also I have a very good reason about all the personnel and facilities and stuff.

Hippo wrote:Behold the wonders of Photoshop!
//{insert choir singing here}
Thx! I don't use Photoshop, I use Pixlr. It isn't as good as PS, but it works if you're not a ginormous image buff. ->Check it out here, it's in-browser!<-
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:55 pm

//Apparently Synavia has never heard of Defensive emplacements? Anti-Air guns are pretty much a staple in them. Also Synavia, where's your reason for all the personnel and stuff? You never explained that.

Baelgarian troops alongside their Greater Sermo brethren are holding the line along central Baelgaria. Hippostanian troops to the north have been pounded with various flavors of explosives from various artillery and air based sources. In other news, a commercial satellite has gone offline for unknown reasons. The satellite is functioning, but is no longer transmitting the commercial signals it was previously.

The newly appointed Temporary Prime Minister Vagov has stated that there will be no counter-attack. Defending the pristine wilderness of Baelgaria long with it's people are the top priority. "The previous EMP attack was a complete failure, and was ordered under directive of the late Vice President. Counter-attacking would only stoop us to the level of Hippostania." He said. Vagov has also stated that if Hippostania has plans to conquer Baelgaria and take the land. It will not happen.

A recent report came in that two fighter jets bearing the Synavian air force insignia were found crashed in the countryside near the town of Birute. Personnel have yet to identify bodies or plane types, but the jets appear to have been hit with flak and shrapnel before crashing. We'll keep you covered as the news pours in from the border.

Last edited by Baelgaria on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 pm

In other news, a commercial satellite has gone offline for unknown reasons. The satellite is functioning, but is no longer transmitting the commercial signals it was previously.
Hmm, I wonder why. Wink
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 am

Synavia has recieved information that the two jets found crashed were two F-15s bearing an experimental device. No further information will be given.
Synavia's military base in Jeniferia has recently come into conflict with Silver Tear personnel. More news as we get it.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 pm

// Just a question here, while I'm waiting for the 'good reason' about the sudden air force from a country that even described itself as 'virtually lacking a military'.

Why the feck would you have a military base in a neutral-zone you're nowhere near, and haven't actually presented a reason to deploy your limited military too?

Countries in Jeniferia were there too try and peacekeep/restore order, given that they helped mess the country up in the first place. This is like saying that because Coalition forces are in Afghanistan, China has a military base there.

Given there was no announced deployment, this is a rather shady development.

However I'd rather know just what the heck you're thinking before I rush into IC because I possibly missed a post about peacekeepers or such. I've checked through the post history, but I could've missed it and given that Synavia was formed as a result of the war, I'm just confused.

I understand that nations can have military bases in other countries, but this is like Switzerland suddenly having an air base in Taiwan.

I didn't wanna poast yet another OOC questiony, but considering it's gone from seemingly magic appearing 'very-large air force' too a seemingly pop-up military base in the middle of a neutral area, I'm confused-concerned.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 pm

//By the way, I actually groaned when I saw the name Avin Triumvirate in the Latest Topics ticker. Mad
Anyway, I'm obviously not going to disclose the location of the base, but I will say that it was formed relatively recently. All we needed to do was bring some troops via air to an abandoned Jeniferian airbase, ransack it, and occupy its quarters and hangars and airstrips. Not hard. My sort of strategy is reveal only what is absolutely positootly necessary. So, as you said, yes, this is a rather shady development, but there was no other choice. Expect the unexpected. The only thing that will remain consistent will be my attacking Baelgaria.
Oh, and the sudden air-force thing. I'm afraid there's been a big misunderstanding with all this. Instead of saying "We now have a large air force," I should have said "We are currently constructing a large air force." Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
No new news concerning the Silver Tear conflict.
In other news, the successful destruction of Baelgaria's satellite control centers by a B-2 has been confirmed. Using extensive system-hacking equipment, Synavia has also confirmed that most Baelgarian military orbital systems are functioning, but there is no way to contact them.
Expect more "shady operations" pretty soon.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 am

Synavia, even though you're my ally I can't accept that you build military bases meant for offensive military action in a neutral country. Abandon that base immidiately or I'll seriously have to consider whetever should I continue supplying you with Hi-Sy aircraft and equipment.
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 pm

With the recent Synavian military flights over Jeniferia, our forces had opted to ignore such flights, as being equipped with mere self-defence anti-air weaponry rather than theatre defence, they were content to assume you were deploying within Baelgaria. Given your public announcement of deployments within Jeniferia however, it was not hard for military-intelligence satelites to pinpoint a Jeniferian airbase with military activity which wasn't accounted for by registered flights.

As we are not at war, two companies of Avinistratus Peacekeeping forces within Jeniferia are being redeployed to act as a deterrant for usage of this airbase. Your are taking a zone which was already been ravaged by war as a result of their prievious rulers, and exposing it to worse should Baelgaria counter-attack as a result of your airbase.

While our forces are relatively light, they do retain an anti-aircraft capability able to engage any attempted reinforcement or take-off from your base. In addition to this, integral mobile gun support allows for the ability to inflict damage upon your forces should they engage upon ground.

This is merely a warning however, as you have until 20:00 GMT to confirm that you are abandoning the base, or our forces will be forced to set up a perimeter around the base to prevent anything flying in, or out.

We understand that you are at war with Baelgaria, but that does not give you the permission to invade other peoples homes for use as a base of operations. We are also concerned about these supposed 'conflicts' with Ocasian units, and would request a clarification as to their nature.

The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Stormer1
- Alvis Stormer equipped with Starstreak HVMs, identical to that in use for local air-defence by the Avinistratus Military.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Argulor to, is aggravated by Synavia's actions concerning this military base. Argulor warns Synavia to abandon it before Sunday, or Argulor will be forced to act on this act of aggression.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme Lord Blanchard Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

With the lack of a penal system in Lesser Sermo, Greater Sermo has provided an alternative. 50,000 of Lesser Sermo's political prisoners (an estimated 98.34% of convicts) will be shipped to baelgaria, and handed equipment. The estimated DOA is this coming sunday, as Greater Sermo is providing transportation.

**The radio fades back in, to the daily propaganda
Supreme Lord Blanchard
Supreme Lord Blanchard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Avin Triumvirate wrote:With the recent Synavian military flights over Jeniferia, our forces had opted to ignore such flights, as being equipped with mere self-defence anti-air weaponry rather than theatre defence, they were content to assume you were deploying within Baelgaria. Given your public announcement of deployments within Jeniferia however, it was not hard for military-intelligence satelites to pinpoint a Jeniferian airbase with military activity which wasn't accounted for by registered flights.

As we are not at war, two companies of Avinistratus Peacekeeping forces within Jeniferia are being redeployed to act as a deterrant for usage of this airbase. Your are taking a zone which was already been ravaged by war as a result of their prievious rulers, and exposing it to worse should Baelgaria counter-attack as a result of your airbase.

While our forces are relatively light, they do retain an anti-aircraft capability able to engage any attempted reinforcement or take-off from your base. In addition to this, integral mobile gun support allows for the ability to inflict damage upon your forces should they engage upon ground.

This is merely a warning however, as you have until 20:00 GMT to confirm that you are abandoning the base, or our forces will be forced to set up a perimeter around the base to prevent anything flying in, or out.

We understand that you are at war with Baelgaria, but that does not give you the permission to invade other peoples homes for use as a base of operations. We are also concerned about these supposed 'conflicts' with Ocasian units, and would request a clarification as to their nature.

The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Stormer1
- Alvis Stormer equipped with Starstreak HVMs, identical to that in use for local air-defence by the Avinistratus Military.
Wow, um...
Well, here goes.
Synavia sees no reason to abondon Skyhawk Base (as we call it), for the reason that if it is abandoned, there is no good way to attack Baelgaria. Anything else will require vast, unrealistic distances. It's the only way. Also it's not homes we invaded, it was completely uninhabited at the time of the Synavian occupance.
Synavia does not wish to come into conflict with Argulor. However, Sunday is too soon, even if I do give in. Complete abandonment will take half a week at least. Same with your threat, Avin.
On the subject of the Ocasian -ah,- interference: Here's mainly what happened. Things were going as usual in Skyhawk Base at an unspecified date and time when Ocasian troops appeared near. According to them, their directive was to ensure complete neutrality, via force if necessary. Some shots were fired and they left, however we expect them to return.
Your posts require a lot of answering, Avin.
Gotta go Sleep pretty soon, I'm exhausted and my back is making me feel 85.

The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 pm

President Adams wrote:
Wow, um...
Well, here goes.
Synavia sees no reason to abondon Skyhawk Base (as we call it), for the reason that if it is abandoned, there is no good way to attack Baelgaria. Anything else will require vast, unrealistic distances. It's the only way. Also it's not homes we invaded, it was completely uninhabited at the time of the Synavian occupance.
Synavia does not wish to come into conflict with Argulor. However, Sunday is too soon, even if I do give in. Complete abandonment will take half a week at least. Same with your threat, Avin.
On the subject of the Ocasian -ah,- interference: Here's mainly what happened. Things were going as usual in Skyhawk Base at an unspecified date and time when Ocasian troops appeared near. According to them, their directive was to ensure complete neutrality, via force if necessary. Some shots were fired and they left, however we expect them to return.
Your posts require a lot of answering, Avin.
Gotta go Sleep pretty soon, I'm exhausted and my back is making me feel 85.
As long as the operation to remove your forces start by Sunday, Argulor will be happy. Perhaps this is a sign you and Baelgaria should have peace talks?
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Avin Triumvirate Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 pm

The Baelgarian War - Page 2 AVAF-StrikeTyphoon
- AVAF Typhoon FGR4, prepared for the strike upon 'Airstrip-One'.

22nd April, 2011 , 1953 hrs (Novian Mean Time) / 13th Avinistratus Regional Air Group, 1st Air-Superiority Wing, 63rd ‘Viscounts’ Squadron, Anvil Flight, Anvil-Actual – Undergoing Runway Denial of Synavian Base designated ‘Airstrip-One', Jeniferia.

“Flight, lead. We’re coming up on the IP. Check masterarms and alter your course pilots, not long now.”

Squadron Leader Pat Reynolds kept the communications brief, his flight of three Avinistratus Air Force Typhoon FGR4s had already flown all the way from their airbase with the assistance of their K1 Voyager tanker support. While the Voyager crew had themselves a nice two-seater cockpit to share, him and his flight had to endure their cockpit for the entire mission.

“Anvil-Two confirms, masters hot.”

“Anvil-Three, ready to initiate.”

Although AVAF fighters had escorted various strategic airlift missions and recon assets had assisted in the pacification of what few die-hard Jeniferian units had tried to resist, there hadn’t been a strike mission mounted since the Prowlers had gone in to terminate the Majestic 12. Comparing the two, his force was rather miserly, a mere trio of Typhoons against two squadrons of cutting-edge Strike Rapiers and another squadron of heavy-hitting RSB-42s, of course his target wasn’t anywhere near as big.

There was also political factors to take into account, if the AVAF sent an entire wing of aircraft to hit this, wouldn’t the Synavians throw everything they had into the air to stop them? On the other hand, three fighters and an airliner-sized object wouldn’t really draw much attention, especially when they weren’t to pass within even a hundred kilometres of the base on their new course.

“On my go pilots, hold steady.”

Reynolds checked his armament, the two MBDA Apache anti-runway-missiles were selected upon the MFD, all checks showed green and presumably, the rest of the flights were as well. In total, the three FGR4s carried two Apache runway-denial weapons apiece, two ALARM anti-radiation missiles in case any SAMs tried to take them down, a quartet of Meteors for self-defence and a pair of ASRAAMs should anyone sneak into a knife-fight. That combined with the three fuel-tanks strapped onto their pylons made the Typhoons rather heavily loaded, so they’d be rest volleying off their weapons from range rather than getting dragged into a fight.

Upon the HUD of each of the three Typhoons, was a singular icon which the craft were rapidly approaching. Even though they couldn’t actually see, or even come within guessing range of their target, it was their IP nonetheless. Mere minutes later, Anvil-Actual passed through the transparent box and gave the call. They were 130 kilometres from the Synavian airbase, out of range from both Patriot PAC-3s and even AIM-120Cs at that distance.

“Lead to flight, ordnance away!”

Trigger-click, trigger-click.

“Anvil-Two, clean separation!”

“Anvil-Three, ordnance clear!”

Six sleek, gray-finished objects dropped away from the heavily-laden fighters, sprouting wings as their integral turbofans spun up and dove for the ground, accelerating to nearly a thousand kilometres an hour. Anvil-Flight and their tanker-pal Kitchen-Actual turned for home, while they were limited to the speed of the tanker, their route was planned to over fly several friendly elements of the peacekeeping forces in theatre, so they could always hide behind their Starstreaks. If worst came to worst, the three aircraft carried a good eighteen missiles between them, with twelve of those consisting of long-ranged Meteors capable of Mach 4.

Meanwhile as the four aircraft sped for home, the six low-observable Apache anti-runway missiles had dropped to mere tens of metres above the ground as they hugged the contours, the weapons had been designed not only for low-level, relatively high-speed flight, but also with their casings built for an element of stealth to ensure they could reach their target.

Once the weapons actually reached their target – having flown over the heads of the Avinistratus Peacekeepers setting up their quite loose perimeter around the airfields general area, finding clear fields of fire for their Alvin Shielders and their mounted Starstreak HVMs – they would align themselves with the airbases runways, operating upon a pre-set attack plan as they levelled out and each deployed ten submunitions across the length of the runway.

Rather than being mere fragmentation bomblets designed to cause light cratering upon the surface, or mines which would make use of the runway hazardous until cleared, the Apache carried ten specially designed munitions. These consisted of a booster motor, and a 52 kilogram warhead each, similar to the Durandal anti-runway system, the booster would propel the munition into the runway before detonation, penetrating and resulting in a deep crater rather than a shallow and easily repairable one.

While this attack had been planned to minimise potential casualties, there was no telling who or what might be on the runways at the moment of impact. Unfortunately, such was the nature of these operations, and seeing as the Synavians had made it rather clear that they wouldn’t be abandoning this airbase, It was better that the potential for it to bring harm to the Jeniferian area was taken out of the picture.

The Baelgarian War - Page 2 Kitchen-Actual
AVAF K1-Voyager tanker designated Kitchen-Actual, pictured during the operation.
Avin Triumvirate
Avin Triumvirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Ocasus is completely outraged by this. Why would you murder 19 young men because they wandered next to a base that wasn't suppose to be there?

Even if they were there, did you not even try explaining to them or making contact? You just shot them. I assure you, these threats of aggression towards Ocasus will be met with dire consequence.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

See last post by me in the topic about this.

Due to the economic pressuring by Argulor, Hippostania and others, Synavian forces are commencing complete abandon of Skyhawk Base today. No further details for now.

A bit of a problem has arisen with Synavia's military. See the new topic by me.

Due to this problem, Synavia is left with absolutely no military.

Baelgaria: Truce? Please?
Pretty please?

Hippostania: Grr.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2