Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Deweaponisation of Space EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Deweaponisation of Space EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Deweaponisation of Space EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Deweaponisation of Space T866fu

Deweaponisation of Space

+5
Grand Administrator Crude
TekrosW
Argulor
Supreme Lord Blanchard
Telekarta
9 posters

Go down

Deweaponisation of Space Empty Deweaponisation of Space

Post  Telekarta Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Official Resolution

Enact "Deweaponisation of Space"

Resolution SS#011

Proposed by: The International Security Board of Telekarta

Description: This bill intends to provide the terms for a complete deweaponisation of space.

DEFINING a "space weapon" as a vehicle capable of travel in space that also has been purposely designed as to able to cause damage.

ACKNOWLEDGING that some spacecrafts contain propulsion modules that can also be used to cause damage, if not directly. (Example 001: Orion Nuclear Propulsion Drive)

PROPOSING that all spacecraft that include propulsion modules that can cause indirect damage to be crewed MULTI-NATIONALLY as to prevent one nation using such a drive to it's own advantage.

ACKNOWLEDGING that peaceful, unarmed space missions will not be impeaded by this bill, provided they meet the requirements of the above two clauses.

PROPOSING that any spacecraft currently in orbit that have a built-in capability to cause direct damage be immediately grounded, dismantled, or disarmed. Spacecraft with an ability to cause indirect damage must also be halted, pending deployment of an agreed multinational crew.

NOTING that no new spacecraft that has an ability to cause damage be allowed to be deployed into space, nor may any spacefaring craft containing the ability to cause direct damage be constructed.

BELIEVING such weapons are reckless amounts of power for any one nation to hold

BELIEVING such weapons can easily be abused by nations

BELIEVING the disarmament of such weapons would ultimately result in a more peaceful future for Sermo

The Sermo Senate hereby enacts resolution #011, "Deweaponisation of Space"

Telekarta is FOR bill SS#011

Please discuss. Discussion ends three days from now, at 20:30GMT 9th April 2011.

Voting shall start at 20:40GMT 9th April 2011.

Telekarta
Telekarta

Back to top Go down

Deweaponisation of Space Empty Re: Deweaponisation of Space

Post  Supreme Lord Blanchard Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

With the deweaponization of space, comes the threat of asteroids impacting the Earth's surface.
Supreme Lord Blanchard
Supreme Lord Blanchard

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Argulor is AGAINST this resolution, believing while the Space Program would be much better if it was multinational, but acknowledging the billions, if not trillions already spent on the major space programs, then a country could be losing all that. But, eventually, such a resolution like this should be enacted, making the Sermo space project multinationally funded, and giving each country a chance to be part of the great unknown frontier of Space.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  TekrosW Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Tekros is against this resolution, as millions of Krufors have been spent in Space Weapon research, and it would be wasteful if all of that was discarded. I also believe the Weapons in question would act as deterrents in future conflicts.
TekrosW
TekrosW

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 am

Baclav is against this resolution. While we have not made great costs in our (military) space programmes, the paperwork involved has.

Back to top Go down

Post  Telekarta Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:09 am

It is amusing that you voted for the disarnament of nuclear weapons, yet have no trouble with spacecraft armed with weaponry that can cause equal, or even more damage.
Telekarta
Telekarta

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:51 am

Was that comment aimed at me?
I don't remember voting on the nuclear disarmament at all.

Don't let my reputation as the most armed nation in Sermo mislead you- we are a very peaceful and hardworking nation.
However, I do not want the funds spent resolving the paperwork for our (military) space programmes to go wasted.

Perhaps I can place a replacing order for "Space Defence Satellite" to be replaced by "Communication Satellite", which is a bit costly but won't waste the programme.
Though we don't really need that many communication satellites.

I still stand by my stance as against until further notice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:58 am

Telekarta wrote:It is amusing that you voted for the disarnament of nuclear weapons, yet have no trouble with spacecraft armed with weaponry that can cause equal, or even more damage.
IGNORE EVERYTHING I WROTE UNDER THIS, I HAD JUST WOKEN UP. (not deleted just so people can see it if they want to know)
And if this is aimed at me...
I personally believe I can trust the several nations with space programs, even though I have no military. Also, your plan to disarm any spacecraft that even has the CAPABILITY of damaging nations is, at best, flawed. Think about it, you don't specifically state what "damage" is, is damage to people, the environment, nations? Hell, if it's to any of these, any spacecraft can be considered breaking this! Under that, if a spacecraft could crash out of the sky and hit someone/something, it would be breaking this. I believe you should specifically state what damage is, and, wait to enact this resolution until an opportune time, when the damages to the coffers of Sermo Nations wouldn't be as high as it is now.
Edit: Also, I didn't vote on the nuclear disarmament resolution, but if I did, I would of voted For, mattering on what it did.

Last edited by Argulor on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 am

Hippostania is strongly against this resolution. The Hippostanian Space Programme will be completely useless if it can't be used to defend our homeland from invaders.
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 am

The Megacorporation is fully behind this resolution.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Telekarta Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 am

Argulor wrote:
Telekarta wrote:It is amusing that you voted for the disarnament of nuclear weapons, yet have no trouble with spacecraft armed with weaponry that can cause equal, or even more damage.
I personally believe I can trust the several nations with space programs, even though I have no military. Also, your plan to disarm any spacecraft that even has the CAPABILITY of damaging nations is, at best, flawed. Think about it, you don't specifically state what "damage" is, is damage to people, the environment, nations? Hell, if it's to any of these, any spacecraft can be considered breaking this! Under that, if a spacecraft could crash out of the sky and hit someone/something, it would be breaking this. I believe you should specifically state what damage is, and, wait to enact this resolution until an opportune time, when the damages to the coffers of Sermo Nations wouldn't be as high as it is now.
Edit: Also, I didn't vote on the nuclear disarmament resolution, but if I did, I would of voted For, mattering on what it did.

DEFINING a "space weapon" as a vehicle capable of travel in space that also has been purposely designed as to able to cause damage.
Telekarta
Telekarta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 am

Argulor wrote:

You should probably read the resolution a little bit more closely.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Telekarta wrote:
Argulor wrote:

Ah, sorry, I had just woken up when I wrote that.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Synavia is fully behind this resolution.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Baelgaria Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Baelgaria is against this, how would you go about enforcing this?
Baelgaria
Baelgaria

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=baelgaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:40 am

Baelgaria wrote:Baelgaria is against this, how would you go about enforcing this?

// The same way any other resolution is enforced. Deweaponisation of Space 6NxEN6
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down