Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. T866fu

New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland.

Go down

New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland. Empty New Mining shaft to be constructed in Frenzland.

Post  Darth GW7 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 am

The Frenzland government has announced that a large uranium mine is to begin construction within Frenzland.

A national referendum was called in order for the people to decide whether or not to go ahead with the ambitious project, and where the main shaft should be located.
In the end it was decided that the bottom of a small valley, south-east of Darthindon, would be the ideal location - Out of sight for most, and close enough to the rock layer to prevent the excess loss of plant wildlife once the digging began.

The shaft is estimated to extend far below the earth's surface, and may be used for archaeological reasons once the majority of the mining is done with.

Due to local concerns about loss of habitat for nearby wildlife, the Government has promised to construct a large biodome around the mine entrance, where many trees and plants will be grown under artificial conditions, possibly aiding the agricultural industry as well.

Such an ambitious project will not be cheap - However, the long-term economical benefits are sure to far outbalance the costs. Frenzland will, however, be severely restricting the export of the Uranium mined to countries that "Can be trusted to use the mineral purely for economical and industrial reasons". It has been suggested that this is referring to the several nations who have refused Frenzlands recent, wise, proposition for all the nations in Sermo to disarm their barbaric nuclear weapons and abolish the construction of further munitions.

The vote for this proposition is in four days, and Frenzland will have a hard time convincing such ignorant minds to support its righteous cause.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down