Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit T866fu

Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit

5 posters

Go down

Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit Empty Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit

Post  Xalasamm Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Yesterday, a major deposit of Lithium was discovered underneath the town of Ocuix. The Lithium deposit was discovered during an underground weapons test in the area. The deposit is said to be one of the largest in the world, but most of it will be unreachable with current mining technology says experts. The Government has now expressed plans to open up trade with the rest of the region and begin exporting the lithium. The town of Ocuix is said to be over joyous at the discovery, one citizen is quoted as saying "...The Arms manufacturing jut wasn't making enough jobs, this will hopefully bring a boost to the local and national economy." Zoey Rita, this is Spearhead News.
Xalasamm
Xalasamm

Back to top Go down

Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit Empty Re: Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit

Post  The Chairman Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Expect Synavia to be a primary buyer. Our massive importing of lithium, along with minerals such as neodymium, silicon, and molybdenum, has left other nations rather dry. If Xalasamm turns out to be rich in more than just lithium, we'll be very interested. Synavia waits with bated breath in the possibility of a nation that can actually meet our monumental demand for minerals.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit Empty Re: Xalasamm Discovers Large Lithium Deposit

Post  Xalasamm Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 pm

The Xalasamm Government regrets to inform Synavia that we look down on your greedy mineral hoarding ways. You will not become a major trade partner if we decide to export to you at all. Lithium is a key material in the coming era of new fuel sources, and it deserves to be spread around the region to the highest bidder(s).
Xalasamm
Xalasamm

Back to top Go down

Post  Soros Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 am

The P.R.S.R welcomes Xalasamm to Sermo and although there is currently no need for lithium, we're ready to offer you a discount on mining equipment as an act of goodwill.
Soros
Soros

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:37 am

Frenzland would first like to express its concern regarding the state of the metals if they were discovered after a weapon test. Are they safe? I would recommend doing checks for any possible side effects for being in their vicinity.
I will not inquire into the nature of the weapons being tested, but I urge you to use common sense when making judgements on the safety measures required.

Oh, and don't pick it up with your bare hands. That's not a good idea.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalasamm Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:57 am

Yes, we made sure it was safe and the weapons testing had little to no effect on any lithium discovered. We know how to mine safely, Uranium Mining is our third largest industry. Various mining accidents in that field have spurred us to use only the latest technology in mining to keep all of our workers safe.

We've begun mining the lithium out of the weapons testing tunnel, but will soon be setting up a standalone shaft to mine it.
Xalasamm
Xalasamm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:10 am

If you don't export it to us we'll flood it with water and I bet you know what happens when lithium and water touch.

AKA a reaction produces hydrogen and then ENORMOUS BOOM! Yay! I like boom! *giggles*
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Soros Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

President Newlark wrote:If you don't export it to us we'll flood it with water and I bet you know what happens when lithium and water touch.

AKA a reaction produces hydrogen and then ENORMOUS BOOM! Yay! I like boom! *giggles*

How will you flood him when your country has collapsed and all citizens have been evacuated?
Soros
Soros

Back to top Go down

Post  Xalasamm Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Have fun trying to do that when:
A) We're on the other side of the region
B) We have a much larger military force than you do
C) You are rebuilding a country
D) You've just announced the intention of an attack against us.
Xalasamm
Xalasamm

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Lithium doesn't explode on contact with water. It's not that reactive.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Premier Annenkov Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm

When lithium reacts with water, it bubbles a bit and maybe burns. Sodium burns, potassium makes a small pop, rubidium makes a larger pop, cesium explodes and no one knows what francium does.
Premier Annenkov
Premier Annenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 am

Well, yes, all alkali metals react with water in some way. It's too bad that there's not more than two atoms of francium in the Earth at one time.

Oh... uh oh. I'm getting that feeling when you've forgotten something. Is it the keys to my Lexus? Is it the remote? Is it... oh no.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down