Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

June 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 T866fu

Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land

+4
Hippo
Grand Administrator Crude
Cisco Zarandin
Apyx
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land

Post  Darth GW7 Thu May 05, 2011 6:18 am

What do you mean, "Newly elected parliament"? From what I saw, the LDPP retained the majority, even gaining several seats. I don't see how the same parliament could suddenly have completely different ideas and views.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Apyx Acquisition of Valkryian Land

Post  Hippo Thu May 05, 2011 7:44 am

Darth GW7 wrote:What do you mean, "Newly elected parliament"? From what I saw, the LDPP retained the majority, even gaining several seats. I don't see how the same parliament could suddenly have completely different ideas and views.
Yeah, but LDPP didn't get to the coalition because they had several disagreements with the Pirate Party and the Green Party. That's why National Democratic Party, Bourgeois Party, Hippostania First, Center Party, Green Alliance, Hipponian People's Democratic League, Social Democratic Party and the Left Alliance formed a coalition and kept the liberal parties out, even though the LDPP was the largest party.

Now LDPP is forming a liberal coalition with Sermoan Federal Party, United Liberal Alliance and Pirate Party (and possibly the Green Alliance).
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

Wow what kind of democracy is it where the parties that have the least amount of votes can form a huge, all-consuming coalition to overrule the party that has the most votes?
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 am

Darth GW7 wrote:Wow what kind of democracy is it where the parties that have the least amount of votes can form a huge, all-consuming coalition to overrule the party that has the most votes?
People had very diverse options, that's why LDPP had lots of trouble in the elections. Even though LDPP was the largest party, most other parties didn't want to co-operate with LDPP. About 30% of Hippostanians supported LDPP, the rest voted for all other parties that did not support LDPP like the NDP. Hippostanian politics are often considered to be ''LDPP & few others vs everyone else''.

However, you're completely right that a large coalition like that didn't work. That's why LDPP got a crushing victory in these elections, and parties like Left Alliance and HPDL lost all their seats.
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 am

maybe you need electoral reform.

//...i can name a few just like that. I'll give you a hint. one of them begins with "B".
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am

Darth GW7 wrote:maybe you need electoral reform.

//...i can name a few just like that. I'll give you a hint. one of them begins with "B".
Why? I haven't heard anyone complain about this system before, and it works fine. I'd say ''stop intervening in other nations' internal issues'', but that would be quite ironic, so I won't say it.

Also.. Starts with B.. Hmmm..
Bemocracy?
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Thu May 05, 2011 11:00 am

// I spy with my little eye, a country beginning with B
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Hippo Thu May 05, 2011 11:10 am

Darth GW7 wrote:// I spy with my little eye, a country beginning with B
Hmmm.. Buuta?
Hippo
Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am

// actually you probably won't get it because I'm referring to the AV referendum in britain oh well
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  Apyx Sat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm

We must apologise for the recent delay in communications, as the required buisness arrangements regarding the companies selected for the revitalisation of the Valkryian infrastructure have been quite heated, although all in all a good show by all whom have been taking part. It's always good to see corporations sticking by the ethic of 'Where there's heart, there's profit!', putting their all into the work. And on the Valkryian matter, we're pleased - if a little surprised - with just how quickly the Hippostanian Mariners effected their retreat.

Considering the earlier matter that came up, while we will not be providing a form of compensation for the materiel destroyed in that confrontation - Your forces advanced of their own will into a pre-warned exclusion zone showing no sign of any acceptance of such a zone - we will be compensating the soldiers killed by your martial actions. A single lump sum of A$80,000 to each of the wounded, and A$120,000 for the dead. Even though the decision to advance forces into the line was taken by the Hippostanian military, the Commonwealth believes that the families of the deceased deserve a level of compensation for the loss of loved ones, and is not confident in the ability of the Hippostanian government to provide it.

On a less sobering note, our three amphibious groups landed their second load of forces, which have been deployed across the Valkryian theatre. This brings our total ground-deployments within Valkry to eighteen Mobile Infantry battalions, twelve Dragoon battalions and eighteen Panzer regiments. In addition to this formidable defensive force, we have begun the airlifting of not only air-defence units, but also the finally contracted assessment teams, so we can figure out just what Valkry needs to become a workable realm of the Commonwealth.
Apyx
Apyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Kasik Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

I am sad that no one even seemed to notice our earlier comment, you could have at least looked at it!
Viktor Kasik
Viktor Kasik

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Administrator Crude Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 am

Viktor Kasik wrote:I am sad that no one even seemed to notice our earlier comment, you could have at least looked at it!

Viktor Kasik wrote:I do not support either side and I believe that both Apyx and Hippostania should remove their men from Valkyr and the Senate should set up a time and date to meet and speak about what must be done about these countries with no leadership.

I don't see why a new nation can't roleplay it's way into Sermo by picking an inactive state and colonizing it.

The map should be updated to remove the inactive nations anyway, which I might do if I don't forget about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 am

The map should be updated to remove the inactive nations anyway, which I might do if I don't forget about it.
I might too if I have time, I'm a bit busy.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum