Regional Forum of Sermo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Delegate Elections
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:38 pm by Darth GW7

» Yao Ming will vote quizzes retired major auction items
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:01 pm by The Chairman

» Taking my leave
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm by TekrosW

» Stunning revelation shakes Synavi government to its foundations
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am by The Chairman

» Prepare for war brethren.
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 pm by Darth GW7

» Synavia complies with Security Council decisions
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am by The Chairman

» State of New Synavia: 7/31/11
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am by The Chairman

» Synavia would like to apply for Sermoan motorsports. 'Nuff said.
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am by The Chairman

» Viktor Kasik re-elected!
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm by The Chairman

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria T866fu

Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria

+4
Sekkisi
Hippo
Telekarta
Administratum
8 posters

Go down

Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria Empty Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria

Post  Administratum Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm

10th March, 2011 , 19:42 (Central Mean Time) / Administratum Space Vessel Hyperion, maintaining low-Earth orbit over Sermo, Earth.

It seemed that, unlike the rather high-profile strategic deterrent which had been the Administratum’s approach to orbital weaponry, some countries preferred the use of it upon a scale of less Mutually Assured Destruction. Rather than the highly destructive yet politically restrained forces, they opted for weapons with more conventional yields of destruction, seeding their death dealing devices amid the normal civilian satellites to hide them away. Unfortunately this threw a spanner into the segregated nature of military forces and civilian bystanders. It relegated the previously harmless civilian orbital objects into possible doomsday weapons, the kind which couldn’t be told from a regular communications satellite without physical hands-on inspection.

Considering that such weapons had actually been used in this instance, and there wasn’t any form of assure that the wielder would let up, it seemed to be the duty of the Administratum to ensure the protection of Sermo as a region from the possibility of further defenceless nations being engaged with such weaponry in a manner of war which wasn’t even restrained by political ethics.

In addition to the already waging war, there was the fear that such devices might be used to harass the more peaceful space programs of other countries. That was the unfortunate side of weaponry really, once a mad-man or rogue state got their hands upon such things, who knew what they could do?

It was better to just remove the toys from their scheming hands entirely.

A few plans had been put into action, and it seemed that the Administratum Space Vessel Chernobog would be returning to Earth a few weeks before schedule, an act visible to all as the four-kiloton vessel pulsed into a transfer orbit.

Hyperion herself was orientating into a slightly higher orbit, giving the craft more room to manoeuvre should any action be taken against her, and the ability to see and engage even more targets above the region. The targeting list had streamed in from ground control, been updated several times as they corrected and double-checked vital details to ensure they weren’t plinking anyone elses launches.

Hyperion, Chernobog. Confirm you have received the target list?”

The message came in, Communications taking them time to pass it onto the Captain before she started on the reply.

Chernobog, Hyperion. Confirm list, we’re in position to initiate.”

A few more minutes of silence between the two vessels, separated by thousands of kilometres of empty void, yet with no actual way of telling from the CIC beyond the information thrown up on the screens, for all they knew they were mere metres apart. The next message was enough to focus their thoughts upon other things though, like just what their nation was getting into.

Hyperion, Chernobog. Central confirms denial operation. Hydra, Perun, Medusa and Veles are on stand-by. Koschei is undergoing project reactivation. All units are to stand-by for possible assault. Targeted Orbital Denial is go.”

Another message was passed on, and the Hyperion rolled, RCS units pulsing to bring her weapons bays to bear and allow the 5 inch turrets within to target the various orbital objects which the Vacuum Service had tracked and confirmed as Baelgarian. They couldn’t allow anything to remain in orbit, not with the possibility it would be a nuclear weapon launched pre-resolution and left in orbit to neither confirm or deny that they had the nuclear weaponry up there, no-one would no after all…

The CIWS systems aboard the two cruisers were online, ready to swat down anything which might be launched to engage them, and in an emergency, they could always drop plates and pulse free from the danger-zone should the threat become serious. For now however, the two ships were content with simply with the goal of placing a 5 inch round through every unmanned Baelgarian orbital object. With their current actions, the Administratum had deemed Baelgaria untrustworthy of satellites, not when they were willing too bomb civilian targets or deploy EMP weaponry (even of a limited yield virtually useless for the role of space-deployment) over targets without any military potential. Who was to say that there wasn’t any disguised weapons just waiting to be detonated over Ocasus, for example?

Orbital Denial, the only answer.

Last edited by Administratum on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Administratum
Administratum

Back to top Go down

Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria Empty Re: Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria

Post  Telekarta Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:31 am

I motion that all nations refute and ignore this post, due to its large amount of both faggotry and OH MY GOD ITS A GOD GUNSHIP LOL IT SHOOTS BEAMS OF NUKES LOL.
Telekarta
Telekarta

Back to top Go down

Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria Empty Re: Orbital Denial is initiated upon Baelgaria

Post  Hippo Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56 am

Telekarta wrote:I motion that all nations refute and ignore this post, due to its large amount of both faggotry and OH MY GOD ITS A GOD GUNSHIP LOL IT SHOOTS BEAMS OF NUKES LOL.
I motion that all nations refute and ignore this post, due to the fact that the author of this post disregarded the previous post simply because it was ''faggotry''. You sure have some wonderful arguments right there!
Hippo
Hippo

http://urgay.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 am

Telekarta wrote:I motion that all nations refute and ignore this post, due to its large amount of both faggotry and OH MY GOD ITS A GOD GUNSHIP LOL IT SHOOTS BEAMS OF NUKES LOL.

Motion carried.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekkisi Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 am

Hippo wrote:
I motion that all nations refute and ignore this post, due to the fact that the author of this post disregarded the previous post simply because it was ''faggotry''. You sure have some wonderful arguments right there!

Denied.
Sekkisi
Sekkisi

http://www.nationstates.net/sekkisi

Back to top Go down

Post  Argulor Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Argulor believes that Administratum should dismantle their Godship at once, or Argulor - Administratum relations will collapse.
Argulor
Argulor

Back to top Go down

Post  Telekarta Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Hippo wrote:

Denied.
Telekarta
Telekarta

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth GW7 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 am

Sekkisi wrote:

Motion carried.

Seconded.
Darth GW7
Darth GW7

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing, but just by scrolling down at top speed, I can tell that this whole "orbital denial" thing is just plain stupid.
The Chairman
The Chairman

http://nationstates.net/cordonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cisco Zarandin Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:20 am

President Adams wrote:I'm too lazy to read the whole thing, but just by scrolling down at top speed, I can tell that this whole "orbital denial" thing is just plain stupid.

This is the problem.

New rule: If you write something I think is bullshit even though you put so much effort into assuring it's accuracy, I'll just say Denied. and your efforts will be wasted.

Alrighty then glad we're in agreement.
Cisco Zarandin
Cisco Zarandin
Founder
Founder

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=ocasus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Was it my post that was considered "bullshit" by you?
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chairman Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Darth GW7 wrote:
Sekkisi wrote:

Motion carried.

Seconded.
Thirded.
The Chairman
The Chairman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down